Alaskan Odyssey ~ Trout Bum For A Week

solopaddler

Mike, I was up at 4 this morning for my customary walk around the OFC block. Well wouldn't you know it, your thread just stood out there and the timing couldn't have been more perfect. This is my daily quiet time and today's was just excellent. I took a full hour to carefully read every line of your adventure and to inspect every picture for those great subtleties that you just don't see when you go through a report normally. This is truly a gem of a report Mike and a super start to my day.

I can tell you that when I saw that notice tacked to your first cottage door, my heart sank thinking that you may not have enjoyed the trip as much as anticipated but then, reading on into the adventure everything fell into place. Just a wonderful picture essay Mike. Thank you so much for the work involved in putting it together. Reports don't generally convey all the great time a person has had but I'll tell you Mike.... this is as close as they come to being perfect. Thanks again, and for what it's worth you may not think you could ever top that trip but I know you will.

Just a wonderful picture essay Mike. Thank you so much for the work involved in putting it together.

/quote]

Thanks Roy, and of course everyone else as well.

This report did become more of a "photo essay" at around 1am last night as my eyelids began to droop LOL!

I started out with fantastic intentions, decided to plow through it in one fell swoop, then sleep intervened :D .

Still, glad y'all enjoyed it.

Cheers

Some people talk about their dream trip, and then some like you live it to the fullest!

Very epic story, great Pics, and a fantastic results to boot....

Thanks for shareing this.

The effort you put into that report made for a great morning read before I head off to work and is very appreciated.

cheers,

WOW, Thank you Mike, I sit here frustrated 3 weeks after knee surgery you have brightened my day andjust given me a great idea as what to do for my 50th birthday in 2010.

Hopefully that will give me anough time to start and plan a trip like this, how long did you prep for the trip?

Would be great to get some more info from you,

Thanks,

FLEX - John

Well I got into work and took out my breakfast and thought, I'll just read a thread on OFC while I eat. Well what a treat it was to see your thread Mike. I enjoyed the entire report and loved the pictures. That meat looks superb and I can only imagine it tasted better than my English muffin (which was done way before I finished reading the report :lol: ).

Thanks for sharing your wonderful adventure Mike.

Joey

WOW, Thank you Mike, I sit here frustrated 3 weeks after knee surgery you have brightened my day andjust given me a great idea as what to do for my 50th birthday in 2010.

Hopefully that will give me anough time to start and plan a trip like this, how long did you prep for the trip?

Would be great to get some more info from you,

Thanks,

FLEX - John

John, I'd be happy to help you out with all the details if you decide to make the trip (and that goes for anyone else as well).

There were certain things we didn't get to do on this trip, chiefly fish for steelhead on a couple of the smaller rivers further down the Kenai peninsula.

That was a direct result of too much rain and the rivers being blown out.

Ah well, on the bright side it does give me an excellent reason to go back ;) .

Once again thanks everyone,

Cheers