Fall in Northwestern Ontario

brkygetr

Well I am finally going to attempt to post something with pictures of fish. :thumbsup_anim:

Bin a member for a while now but I am basically lazy and do not bring a camera with me when I go out in the boat. A buddy of mine came out (Fort Frances) for ten days and we spent the time at a camp another buddy of mine operates. We usually head down to Shining Tree this time of year for birds and late fall walleye but I convinced him the birds were thicker up here and the fish were definately bigger...so he made his way. Anyways he brought his camera so we got a few shots....I will basically let the camera tell the story...oh and sorry for some of the shots not being perfect...but if you look close at the first pic i am sure you will figure out why :whistling:

Here goes....

The departure from the landing:

littelcanoe003.jpg

Our destination for the week..a ravaging heinous journey across pike infested waters..about 150 yards: :whistling:littelcanoe004.jpg

The $1000 cooler...comes complete with a blueberry pie. If you were stuck in the bush what would you pay?

littelcanoe005.jpg

First night supper...butterflyed moose tenderloin, perfectly seasoned.

littelcanoe010.jpg

The truck Bernie fixed and Cliffs first chicken of the week (thanks again Bernie!)

littelcanoe012.jpg

Saturday morning...good way to start the week

littelcanoe017.jpg

The reason the Canadian Bass Championship is held on Rainy Lake

littelcanoe018.jpg

Cliff with someone elses walleye

littelcanoe022.jpg

First decent walleye of the trip

littelcanoe024.jpg

The elusive big- :asshat: ugly bass

littelcanoe025.jpg

Cliff with his own walleye

littelcanoe027.jpg

The non-typical camping shot

littelcanoe033.jpg

Out of 'pops'....HAMMER DOWN! I know where they are!!!!!!

littelcanoe035.jpg

Awesome place to stay..one of the most beautifull places on Rainy

littelcanoe041.jpg

Find the eagle????

I see eagles almost every day out here, all balds...I am sure this was a golden..very cool bird when its 25 ft over your head.

littelcanoe048.jpg

Couple of big boys from the choppy goodness of a 25km S/E wind

littelcanoe053.jpg

littelcanoe054.jpg

Actually that was the same fish :whistling:

Dinner...the only fish to hit the pan all week. Caught out of a back lake, in a canoe, that leaked, with 1 oar as a paddle in a 20km on shore wind :wallbash:

littelcanoe090.jpg

Another tourney winner

littelcanoe093.jpg

Big random plane flying over the tree tops..this thing had 4 props and was some kind of military cargo unit...pic does not do it justice but that is 150 ft white pine.

littelcanoe094.jpg

And finally the coolest backwoods redneck cookin' unit I have ever seen...you could easily fit a pig in this thing

littelcanoe101.jpg

littelcanoe103.jpg

Edited by brkygetr

A super report Dude! Looks like walleye heaven up there. I must say, that boat is perfectly loaded. Undoubtedly done by experts. The weight distribution and colour arrangement is just a pleasure to behold.

Thanks for posting your adventure.