Inflatable boats

Mattones

Has anyone used or owned an inflatable boat for fishing? I'm thinking of getting a 6ft or a little bigger for fishing. Buy a little motor for the back so its easier. But i was wondering if Is it actually worth buying one if I'm just going to deflat it and put it in my car after using it? I know thats why they call them ``inflatable boats`` haha but will it end up causing problems if i keep deflating it after each use?

:thumbsup_anim:

Also does anyone know where I can buy a cheap one?

what kind of fishing? I love my float tube and flippers for the small speck or bass lakes! Lots of fun! I know a guy with an inflatable and he loves it......my fear is the word "cheap" you used and like everything else in life you get what you pay for! To me cheap means keep a patch kit handy! I'd consider a roof rack for your car and a small tinny (you can get them pretty good pretty cheap) and a 2 hp. I buy cheap 12 footers around here all the time to leave on remote lakes for under $300.

I have done some research on inflatables and will avoid the cheap ones yet there are some really nice ones for a grand with a 3+ year warranty. Keep in mind that the inside dimensions are restricted so that 6 footer would hardly give you any room at all.

....how much do you want to spend? If it's a few hundred I say forget about an inflatable! Buy a sit in float tube. I've had mine 2 years now and paid 200 bux with flippers and another 200 for good chest waders (they don't count cuz I use them all the time) and I've had some of my best times in it and I own 16ft boat with a 70hp on it!

ps. buy the floating cooler option too.....you can operate a tube while consuming your fave beverage.

We have a 14 foot inflateable boat that we just got this past summer. I used it for 2 straight weeks during my vacation to Lyndhursy Lake(near kingston). We would carry it back and forth to the water from my grandmas house, witch was a 1 minute walk and made sure we put extra air in the boat every morning so it would not be too soft. Deflating it will not wreck the boat. We got ours at Wall Mart for $200. I my self would rather a small tinny but just didn't have the money nor the time to find one this year.

Here's a pic:

041.jpg

My buddy bought a small zodiac this summer, used for around $300. He got it with a 2.5hp motor. We go out fishing in it at least once or twice a week. Being a used one there were a couple of patches on it and he has had to add his own patches overtime. He blows it up fully at home once a week to check for leaks and patch any parts. It's a lot of maintenance having to use soap and water on it whenever you think there might be a leak.

However, it's been absolutely awesome for us. We drop in to any lake from anywhere as long as there is either grass or sand. He has an electric blower that blows it up in like 5minutes. While we often wish we had an aluminum boat that's faster and more durable, we love being able to just go anywhere with it. It deflates very fast and actually fits back in its original bag relatively easily. He usually just deflates it and tosses it in his jeep wet with a towel or bag under it.

I picked up a West Marine inflatable at the begining of the summer. It is 9ft with a wooden transom and wood slates on the floor for support. It worked great for two people fishing. I had a small 30 lb thrust trolling motor on it and it moved us around. Inflates in 5 minutes with the foot pump and is deflated, rolled up and in the jeep within minutes. The price is a bit steep, but for the convenience it is worth it.

Hey dude,

I had a boat just like "Mike the bass fishers" boat when I was 14 for a couple years and it worked great. I added a 2 section piece of plywood on the bottom and a 30lb thrust electric motor to the back and was very happy with it.

BUT - I did highly prefer fishing out of my modified personal pontoon boat. More stable, less chance of getting a leak as the pontoons are much more durable, it has more storage, battery box, motor mount, cup holder, rod holders, depth finder mount, it's more comfortable etc. etc. etc. The only down-side is you can't bring a friend along with you. Now I've got a new boat on order so my pontoon is up for grabs in the clasifieds section. I'm practically giving it away for $300, but if you don't have room for something like this, or a kayak/canoe, getting a small inflatable will WITHOUT A DOUBT, beat being stuck on shore!

On a side note, my pontoon does about 4MPH on the GPS with a 30lb thrust minnkota, so I'm thinking an inflatable boat, which weighs less would easily do 6 or so MPH :w00t:

Good luck with your boat search,

UF

I drive a 98 Mazda 626 Its getting old and has to do me for 1-2 more years So I really don't wanna haul anything heavy behind it. I have never been in a Canoe so I doubt i will buy one any time soon. haha

How easy is it to get idiot in the inflatable? I will be willing to spend about $500-800 on A new or used depending on the shape of it.

The great thing aboot inflatables are that they are stable, ones with a hard floor allow you to stand up and cast ha try that with a canoe! Also fishing the shallows is easy as long as you don't hit too many rocks in el cheapo inflatable you will be fine. just don't set up a BBQ in rough water that's all I have to say!

I have an older seahawk 400 (4 years old), about 12'. It makes fishing back bays or water that can't be accessed by a 'real boat".

The most important thing to keep in mind with these inflatable boat is knowing its limit. It's not designed for big water or windy condition. Then you should have something that is very enjoyable.

Safety first.

I have an older seahawk 400 (4 years old), about 12'. It makes fishing back bays or water that can't be accessed by a 'real boat".

The most important thing to keep in mind with these inflatable boat is knowing its limit. It's not designed for big water or windy condition. Then you should have something that is very enjoyable.

Safety first.

oh indeed, I wasent planning on putting it onto lake O or anywhere with a strong current or big water. I will use it more so just for fishing in smaller lakes and wide rivers.

the best fishing ,I have had 13' zodiac boat and 6 Hp Suzuki4 stroke very stable ,fishing on Lake Simcoe,big waves do almost nothing,sold this spring and got 15' even better ,biger inside 10.6'' that makes diffrent ,15 Hp 4 stroke Suzuki ,now have MinnKota on the front installed on special brackets looks good and works well.I love my inflatable for any kind of fishing anywhere ,chip on gas and do not need storage for winter deflate and goes to my basement.

P8190241__640x480_.JPG

Has anyone used or owned an inflatable boat for fishing? I'm thinking of getting a 6ft or a little bigger for fishing. Buy a little motor for the back so its easier. But i was wondering if Is it actually worth buying one if I'm just going to deflat it and put it in my car after using it? I know thats why they call them ``inflatable boats`` haha but will it end up causing problems if i keep deflating it after each use?

:thumbsup_anim:

Also does anyone know where I can buy a cheap one?

Bass pro - about 300 for life jackets, oars the boat an airpump and a sevylor fishunter with a boat boot. The motor mount is around 75 and a 30 lb thrust trolling motor is 100 the battery 100 total 575. Basspro will nopt ship it across the border pick up only. These are US$ prices

Bought one for my son in law. it needs a motor