Fall Colours and Brook Trout

TroutSlayer

We hit a couple of back lakes in the Gogama area last weekend. The colours were great for photos and the fishing was alright as well. All Brook Trout were caught on spinners and all fish were released, some into the lake, and some into the frying pan. :D

ofn1.jpg

ofn2.jpg

ofn3.jpg

ofn4.jpg

ofn5.JPG

Nice fish. Do you only cut the heads off for cooking when they won't fit in the pan? :)

Exactly Beats. I always thought it an honor to a great fish to keep it whole in the pan. Now that I know where the larger Specks live, I'll be looking for a 24 inch pan. ;)

hey when you gonna get down our way and do some steelie fishin with me and Cliff???

It's on the list my friend. This trip (last weekend) was my first fishing trip since last May! I've been way to busy marrying off kids, parties and working.

I'll make up for it and get in touch with Cliff soon.

wow Chuck.. wicked pics bro.... my brookies are on the fly and 1/4 that size!!!

Nothing wrong with that pal. I fly fished headwaters for years for those pretty little jewels.

There were no Specks rising at all on these lakes last weekend. Every Speck caught was full of leeches. A fella with a sinking or sinking tip 7 weight would have fun with leech patterns, and probably would have outfished us spinners.

Use the new custom yet? i bet those brookies on that rod would be fun.. Looks like drag pullers to me... Using 2 or 4 lb test???

Cliff..

The custom worked wonders on the bows last fall. This trip I used 9.5 old Fenwick with 6 pound Siglon V (equel diameter to most 4 lb lines) on a Zebco Cardinal 3. My "all round" outfit you might say.

That custom you built me is a work of art, and my favorite Bow rod now. Here's a shot of the rod, and a bow that came to it.

cliff1.jpg

cliff2.jpg

Edited by TroutSlayer

Beautiful specks dude! I know those falls well!

A funny story about those falls Billy. When we were kids my parents parked there for the day and we played and explored. My younger brother "Scurve" (probably 10 years old at the time) caught a little 3 inch speck in the small feeder creek at the base of the falls. Instead of taking it off his hook, he cast it into the main pool below the falls. Well didn't a 3 pound pike grab the thing! He landed the pike and built a little holding pool in the feeder creek and put the pike in it.

Near the end of the day he went back to let the pike go. I guess someone was watching through binoculars from the lookoff and saw Scurve bend down and grab the pike. The guy worked his way over to us and said to Scurve

"I never would have believed it if I hadn't see it with my own eyes! you caught that fish with your bare hands! That's fantastic"

Well, it was funny at the time.

Edited by TroutSlayer

Wow, I thought the Gogama area was just full of pike and pickerel!! lol I guess I should start looking at Google maps a bit more :)

Awesome fish!

Who put that thought in your head? Take a good look at the country between Chapleau and Gogama. Read the stocking lists as well. :)