1961 evinrude...manual? any mechanics?

ch312

im looking to get a 1961 18hp evinrude fastwin running that has been in storage for 15 years or so. i could easily rebuild it myself but i need a manual or something to help me along. any ideas where to get one? i tried on ebay with no luck.

im also wondering if there are any good small engine repair shops in the brantford area that specialize in outboards?

its a nice clean outboard so i sure hope i can get her running good.

Rebuild? Not likely the engine if it is in good condition. The engines were very reliable. Problems will entail cracked ignition coils, rusted breaker points (make sure to remove rust from point cam) lower unit seals and definitely a water pump. All relatively easy to repair.

ch312:I have the Seloc manual here. It's the same one for my 67 Johnson 40 hp motor. It has been quite helpful. If I remember correctly I found it at Walmart. Your local UAP/NAPA store should be able to order it for you (SE-67). They also should be able to get the Clymer manual (18-0067). They also can order a lot of replacement parts. Expect about 3 week turnaround if the parts have to come out of the US warehouse.

Let me know if I can look up something in the manual for you.

Good Luck: Rick

Edited by Woodsman