DADDY--DAUGHTER FLYFISHING DAY

DMASSE

Im sure Dave will offer his own reply, my question is when you refer to the 'Fish doing their thing',..did you mean the Nooks, Ho's, Browns or steelhead, or all of them ? as I think he mentioned all 4 species in the report. Just curious.

oops Guess I missed it by 5 min,..Excellent words Dave!!!

"Fish doing their thing" includes nooks, hos, and browns.. Didn't see any bows in this one... I'm aware of the difference.

cheers

HD

"Fish doing their thing" includes nooks, hos, and browns.. Didn't see any bows in this one... I'm aware of the difference.

cheers

HD

I dont know,..I did read Steelhead in the title,..and then rainbows mentioned,.just because there werent pics,..well,...shame on you Dave for not taking pics of the steelhead...lol

So from your words,...does that mean nooks, Ho's and browns are off limits in the fall once up river? I find it extremely hard to beleive Dave would intentionally line anything, I have fished with him several times and i think the thought would repulse him,..as it would me and obviously yourself,..not really sure what your point is...In fact doesnt your tagline mention a GREY salmon???

Edited by StoneFly

I would think that fishing with a longer lead would be easier to line fish. FIDEL you dont fish for steelhead in the late fall or the spring. Arent they "doing there thing"

What about Walleye in the spring, I know they are still doing there thing on opener, and Crappies and perch Ice fishing in Feburary, You fish the credit and the only reason to fish there is to catch Salmon, browns Coho's and steel. So I guess its wrong to fish there unless you fish there in JUNE.... Not the upper credit of course "you dont fish there" along with the other 100+ people pounding on a few hundred residents..That sounds wrong as well...

Anyway The trib in question has tons of pools and its up to the fisherman if he or she wants to line or fish with some pride....

DO as you wish with your own sense of judgement. As I know my personal decication to the sport of migratory fish and the water that they habitat...

All the best

Dave

I dont know,..I did read Steelhead in the title,..and then rainbows mentioned,.just because there werent pics,..well,...shame on you Dave for not taking pics of the steelhead...lol

So from your words,...does that mean nooks, Ho's and browns are off limits in the fall once up river? I find it extremely hard to beleive Dave would intentionally line anything, I have fished with him several times and i think the thought would repulse him,..as it would me and obviously yourself,..not really sure what your point is...In fact doesnt your tagline mention a GREY salmon???

That's funny. I'm not saying that the fish are off limits. I'm just saying give the fish a break. They're in that trib for a reason and one reason only: To spawn.

I doesn't take a Bio-remediation scientist to figure that one out.

We're not stupid Stonefly.. Lookit that creek. Anybody in their right mind would know the difference.

Ethics would be the determining reason why I wouldn't fish that creek, and the conservationist in me would give it a wide berth.

so by your rationale, 'the fish are only there to do one thing' which applies to all creeks or rivers, wouldnt that make it unethical in every creek or river? use some rational thought and reasoning in your arguments,..and read what your commenting on a little more carefully,...the fact that you missed 'Steelhead' in the title and 'Rainbows' in the body...well...and when you reffered to 'We're not stupid',..just remember,..it was only you making your statements,..there is no WE behind your comments, only YOU!!! So I think you are slamming every single person that has ever fished the EAST are you not? Im not a big fan of it myself as the challenge is less,..but I wonder how many people on this board you are calling unethical?

so by your rationale, 'the fish are only there to do one thing' which applies to all creeks or rivers, wouldnt that make it unethical in every creek or river? use some rational thought and reasoning in your arguments,..and read what your commenting on a little more carefully,...the fact that you missed 'Steelhead' in the title and 'Rainbows' in the body...well...and when you reffered to 'We're not stupid',..just remember,..it was only you making your statements,..there is no WE behind your comments, only YOU!!! So I think you are slamming every single person that has ever fished the EAST are you not? Im not a big fan of it myself as the challenge is less,..but I wonder how many people on this board you are calling unethical?

LOL.

My rational applies only to this particular situation, because I've seen this creek.

And you're generalizing the idea that I'm slamming every member on this board who fishes tribs, and that's not the case. I'm only questioning. I have a right to question do I not?

Who cares though right? They're only salmon... there's no return from that creek anyway... water gets too warm in the summer, sedimentation, put and take and all that jazz.

Let's just plunder the ressource, but before we do, we need to ask ourselves... Is this right?!

Finito.

HD

Not sure what HD is saying, these fish go up river to mostly unsuccessfully spawn then die.

It is a 'put and take' fishery of non- native species.

I guess its wrong to fish there unless you fish there in JUNE.... Not the upper credit of course "you dont fish there" along with the other 100+ people pounding on a few hundred residents..That sounds wrong as well

I go up to Upper Credit a few times a year to get away from the lower trib madness. There is WAY more fish and WAY less fishermen than what you posted, also no kill, barbless, no bait etc, conservation... in the miles upon miles of river with nary another fisherman.

But whatever, the main thing is you had fun fishing with your daughter. :thumbsup_anim:

............... Congrats on the special day. I'm a proud daddy of a 2.5 year old boy and I love hearing him ask me to go fishing every morning we walk by my boat to get to the truck. The boy already loves being on the water slamming panfish!

Not sure what HD is saying, these fish go up river to mostly unsuccessfully spawn then die.

It is a 'put and take' fishery of non- native species.

I go up to Upper Credit a few times a year to get away from the lower trib madness. There is WAY more fish and WAY less fishermen than what you posted, also no kill, barbless, no bait etc, conservation... in the miles upon miles of river with nary another fisherman.

But whatever, the main thing is you had fun fishing with your daughter. :thumbsup_anim:

Cheers to that with the lack of crowds,..I often choose a trib with far less fish and no crowds at all, the last time I think we saw a dozen fish in a 1km hike and i hooked into 5 of them,..no snagging, no lining,..but legit strikes from fresh fish,.crazy headhakes and nowhere near enough fish to line them....they were breaking 5 and 6lb drennan but i still had alot of fun, bowshep was there. I will take that any old day of the week over shopping carts crowds and soup,..but then again its not for everyone,..eh Ken...lol

Sorry this got off topic Dave,..I think its AWESOME your daughter is so into fishing,..she couldnt have a better teacher, HD's post got me a little bothered as I know how you fish, its uncompromised!!! Cheers