Updates on the St. Clair Poachers

Ron

Thanks for your efforts Ron.

As dwc67 said.....

"I then submitted the digital photos you folks provided to the Technical Services Branch of the OPP to be enhanced. I was advised by them that the number of pixels in the photo were not of a sufficient enough number for their programs to be able to clarify the registration numbers."

next time don't buy such a cheap camera

Just razzing ya. :P I guess there's an arguement for having a camera with more megapixels. Now if you can explain that one to the wife you'll be good to go. A new SLR digital with 10 megapixels and a kick donkey zoom lens. Not only will you get better pictures of these poachers, just think of the owl shots you'll get!

Thanks again Ron. :thumbsup_anim:

I just received an email back from the Conservation Officer who I had sent an affidavit and photos to in regards of the 2 guys fishing with several rods.

In my eyes, these poachers were very fortunate of the conditions (weather, time of day, etc...)

Here is the email I received.

Greetings:

I would first like to thank you all for taking the time to get involved and assist us with this investigation. Most people wouldn't bother.

Unfortunately I will be unable to lay any charges against these individuals.

I submitted every possible combination of registration numbers I could think of to Canada Customs and unfortunately came up empty. I then submitted the digital photos you folks provided to the Technical Services Branch of the OPP to be enhanced. I was advised by them that the number of pixels in the photo were not of a sufficient enough number for their programs to be able to clarify the registration numbers.

We will have to be satisfied that the exposure you provided on your website regarding this matter got the message out loud and clear that this activity is unacceptable. I believe that it also put people on notice that they never know who may be watching them and taking photos.

Once again I would like to thank you and I hope you will not hestitate to work with us in the future.

Yours truly,

****** **** - Conservation Officer

Ministry of Natural Resources

Next time, these guys won't be so lucky

fishing167.jpg

I don't see any registration numbers in that pic. But I do see a couple thieves trying to make off with what they shouldn't. After all, poaching is stealing, and they are stealing from the rest of us.