Updates on the St. Clair Poachers

Ron

I just received an email back from the Conservation Officer who I had sent an affidavit and photos to in regards of the 2 guys fishing with several rods.

In my eyes, these poachers were very fortunate of the conditions (weather, time of day, etc...)

Here is the email I received.

Greetings:

I would first like to thank you all for taking the time to get involved and assist us with this investigation. Most people wouldn't bother.

Unfortunately I will be unable to lay any charges against these individuals.

I submitted every possible combination of registration numbers I could think of to Canada Customs and unfortunately came up empty. I then submitted the digital photos you folks provided to the Technical Services Branch of the OPP to be enhanced. I was advised by them that the number of pixels in the photo were not of a sufficient enough number for their programs to be able to clarify the registration numbers.

We will have to be satisfied that the exposure you provided on your website regarding this matter got the message out loud and clear that this activity is unacceptable. I believe that it also put people on notice that they never know who may be watching them and taking photos.

Once again I would like to thank you and I hope you will not hestitate to work with us in the future.

Yours truly,

****** **** - Conservation Officer

Ministry of Natural Resources

Next time, these guys won't be so lucky

fishing167.jpg

Edited by Ron

nice try ron

"I then submitted the digital photos you folks provided to the Technical Services Branch of the OPP to be enhanced. I was advised by them that the number of pixels in the photo were not of a sufficient enough number for their programs to be able to clarify the registration numbers."

next time don't buy such a cheap camera

It was a good try anyways Ron.

I remember watching them launch that boat and head out from the harbour while we were all sitting in the restaurant having breakfast that day on the pier.

I'm sure they've somehow got wind of this ongoing investigation by now, so I doubt if we'll see them in the area again, but if we do, they can be sure there'll be ALOT more cameras pointed at them next time !! ;)

Ron I also just got in and just got the same email from Conservation Officer Dietz... it is a shame they could not finger the pricks...

I gave them what I had... hoping it would help...

Well I would not hesitate in the future to do the same again!

sucks they didnt get caught though....may they burn in hell.... as the will do be doing it again.

Gerritt.

I think that the good people involved in the attempted apprehension of these two guys have already done more than could have been expected. The attempt should and will at least serve as a reminder to other people that folks are watching them now. I'm quite certain that these two guys won't be trying the same stunt anytime soon.

There's also the possibility that this investigation is far from over and that MNR wanted the sent email to go public.

Personally I would leave this one as it is and just encourage people to be more vigilant.

This should be looked at as a victory for all involved. Surely these creeps are aware of our efforts here and will think twice next time. They're probably breathing a collective sigh of relief today. But as Roy said, it's not over 'til it's over. Hats off to everyone involved. Good work guys. You made a difference. We'll get them next time.

[quote name='snag' date='Jan 17 2007, 04:50 PM' post='23562'

Someone has to know these guys?

Like Officer Dietz said..this is in no way a defeat. The poachers know we have a myriad of people watching and we are not afraid to report.

Kudos to all those involved.

I'm sure these guys have heard or seen that they were photographed and reported to the MNR.

I'll bet that boat has been well hidden since that day. Lots of people will be looking for it.

I have a new cell phone that does the picture thing as well as video.

Look out poachers.