Question for the police officers on the board (NF)

timmeh

Speed limit is only part of the equation, the other part is the ppl behind the wheel. Sadly in Canada our drivers for the most part suck and don't know how to drive.

One only needs to look at Germany, where there are NO SPEED LIMITS, and compare traffic deaths per capita to realize speed itself is only one factor and not the whole deal.

Exactly, what is more dangerous... someone doing 125 on the 401 or someone talking on the phone and trying to light a cigarette while attempting to keep it on the road at the same time.

TRAIN THE DRIVERS BETTER.

My lisence test was a joke, if you can keep the car between the lines you pass.

Oh ya, the woman who tested me was the wife of my driving instructor, great system.

I wonder why they advertise the highest pass rate...

Someone can get killed by 'Mr. Buck' doing the speed limit down the highway, they don't gotta be speeding. But using your logic at least they only kill themselves anyways and no one else cares right, maybe it happens to you!!! It makes me sick that you think its ok for someone to lose their life for speeding, and actually sorta sound happy about it.

Sure they can, and I'll feel bad for them and their family.

But will I feel bad for the idiot doing 50 OVER THE LIMIT who creams a deer on a dark sideroad? Nope.

It sounds like you think people shouldn't take responsibility for their own actions..

Must be nice living in the world you do.

Time to wake up and smell the coffee.............bud.

BTW, there are speed limits in Germany, I am assuming you are talking about certain sections of the Autobahn.

Edited by BillM

Speed limit is only part of the equation, the other part is the ppl behind the wheel. Sadly in Canada our drivers for the most part suck and don't know how to drive.

One only needs to look at Germany, where there are NO SPEED LIMITS, and compare traffic deaths per capita to realize speed itself is only one factor and not the whole deal.

Actually I do recall the Toronto Star publishing international rankings for accidents per kilometre of driving. It showed Germany as having more accidents per kimometre than Canada. This was back in mid nineties; the rankngs may have changed since then.

If you are going to send officers out to bust potential street racers, at least train them properly.

It was a very bizarre situation, maybe one of the officers here can shed light on this "street racing prevention division"?

the whole thing seemed kinda fishy to me.

Dude.....watch what you're saying....there are over 400 someodd laws in the Highway traffic act. It's hard for anyone who isn't enforcing it day in and day out to understand how several laws get misinterpreted because you don't use them everyday. The new stunt driving legislation has basically become a learn as you go thing because people who aren't fresh out of police college get a sheet of paper with the new act on it saying remember all of this......the criminal code is the same way...

anyway, our project ERASE team do an awesome job. The guys heading it up are former MTO safety inspectors and are doing their best. street racing is a plague....those who modify their cars to the point where they make themselves a heat score can deny being a part of it but you are. If you watch, you're just as likely to die as the guys doing it. I've seen it, and it's been in the papers. IF you don't believe me hang out at the following places in the city of Vaughan - 7 x woodstream, major mac x jane, keele x rutherford and anywhere on highway 7 from bayview to dufferin and you'll realize that not only do these guys race, a large majority of them are driving impaired by drugs. There is no excuse for adding illegal after market parts to your car to make it go faster and the fact of the matter is, those who do, don't understand that a honda civic can't be handled safely and isn't designed for 250hp....oh and by the way the cars that the modify basically disintegrate on impact...and civic hatch backs have a tendency to split in half on impact

oh and by the way, most tickets that are written are lost...not because the officers don't write the proper tickets, it's because the JPs can't interpret the HTA properly....and most side with the driver anyway

i'm done...night shift was long and people are frustrating lol

Edited by FishnNAutographs

Just a sec, people who modify their cars are all of a sudden street racers?

BTW, aftermarket parts are not ILLEGAL and I gotta say, from your post it's obvious you don't know much about cars/modifying a car at all.

You weren't the one writing those tickets were you?

Just a sec, people who modify their cars are all of a sudden street racers?

BTW, aftermarket parts are not ILLEGAL and I gotta say, from your post it's obvious you don't know much about cars/modifying a car at all.

You weren't the one writing those tickets were you?

I think what it he's trying to say Bill is that although you don't street race your modified car may become a target or afilliation of street racing in the eyes of the law. Looks like a skunk,smells like skunk......its a skunk...

Anyhow I think this NF thread has run its course and its time to put to rest.....night night :sleeping_02: