where did the fish go?

dough_boy_99

Hey all

Hit Chemong yesterday (Sunday) after stopping at Scugog and seeing the water was nothing but mud. Spent 9 1/2 hours on the water looking for skis but didn't even get a hit. Tried everywhere from 4 to 16 fow, mostly trolling from 4 to 2 mph. The water temp. was about 64 and the visibility was decent, a little stirred up but not horrible. Does anyone know where the fish went? We have had success in the summer but whenit comes to fall I usually end up with very little action. Don't know if the fish are just moody or if we are targetting the wrong areas.

Mark

Hey all

Hit Chemong yesterday (Sunday) after stopping at Scugog and seeing the water was nothing but mud. Spent 9 1/2 hours on the water looking for skis but didn't even get a hit. Tried everywhere from 4 to 16 fow, mostly trolling from 4 to 2 mph. The water temp. was about 64 and the visibility was decent, a little stirred up but not horrible. Does anyone know where the fish went? We have had success in the summer but whenit comes to fall I usually end up with very little action. Don't know if the fish are just moody or if we are targetting the wrong areas.

Mark

we had a good morning for bass on sunday at Scugog.. the water at the launch looked pretty muddy, but once we got out on the lake it was fine.. prolly my best day out there this fall..

Hey BillM

You would be fishing more than 16 fow on the Kawarthas? I know deeper lakes would hold fish lower down but on Chemong there aren't too many spots that are deeper than 16 feet, and alot of those spots don't really have steep breaks or weeds, just flat bottom. I thought a fish would swim up 10 feet to hit a bait before they would swim down 10 inches. Just curious