Traffic Tickets (NF)

ketchenany

This may be one of those chain thingies. The last time they got a dime from me was in 1973.

WHAT TO DO IF YOU GET A TRAFFIC TICKET This system has been tried and it works in every province. If you get a speeding ticket or went through a red light or whatever the case may be, you are going to get points on your license, this is a method to ensure that you DO NOT get the points.

When you get your fine, send in a check to pay for it. If the fine is $79.00 make the check out for $82.00 or some small amount over the fine. The system will then have to send you back a check for the difference, however here is the trick. DO NOT CASH THE REFUND CHECK! Throw it away!

Points are not assessed to your license until all financial transactions are complete. If you do not cash the check, then the transactions are NOT complete. The system has received it's money and is satisfied and will no longer bother you. This information comes from an unmentioned computer company that sets up the standard databases used by every province. Send this to everyone you know. You never know when they may need a break. I talked to an ICBC investigator, and he said its true..what a screwed up system,eh?

The big upside about driving out here in BC is tickets won't increase you're premium like in ONT... ICBC is a government insurance company and when you pay you're ticket you loose points but dont pay double you're original premium. If you are a good driver with no claims you get somewhere in the realm of 5% off per year up to a max of 40% or so. Even I get a discount cause I have yet to have a claim and have paid off all my tickets :)

Guest skeeter99

nope that wont work in ontario anyway

the best way is to go to court, just for showing up you always get off with a fine and no points

it is really sad in fact a guy with suspened licenses caught 5 times after the fact, he gave a spiel about feeding the kids and the judge looked at him and said $100 plus victim surcharge what the heck!!!!

a young girl chrge with careless ran a red and hit 2 cars and knocked down a light pole, she started to cry judge looked at her $200 plus victinm surcharge what the heck!!!

me doing 82 km in a 50 km 32 over (2 or 3 points) forget now! bloody country road nothing but fields for miles, get to the courthouse my appointed crown defense lawyer says not to go to trial the cop who caught me shows up to court eight times out of 10, she tells me to plead 65km in a 50km. I get to the judge crown says a blurb, defense says a blurb then judge asks me do i have anything to say, I say sorry and it will not happen agan LOL!!! kudge looks at me $50 fine and victim surcharge

that is a huge difference between a $286 ticket plus 2 points

I was laughing my ass off out the door, the justice system is a scam!!!

I have been to court numerous times for traffic infractions and have yet to have any points dropped. Going to court will almost always get you a fine reduction but according to the crown in Peterborough, points cannot be lowered unless the charge is lessened. Your best bet is to show up for court and if the cop is there, ask for remand, if not, plead not guilty. You can do this a couple times and occasionally you get lucky.

I was a witness in a traffic accident where someone was getting charged. Officer showed up at my door 6 months later with a notice to appear in court. I did, but neither the defense or the prosecution did.

nice

waste of time, the court system here is a joke

yup, the system isn't perfect but it's all we have to work with.......

and that trick won't work at all....the best way to get out of a ticket is not get one at all....don't speed and stop for stop signs and lights lol

i wrote 23 today and none were chincy...everyone was going 25+ km's over the limit....still looking for my first stunt driver.....

yup, the system isn't perfect but it's all we have to work with.......

and that trick won't work at all....the best way to get out of a ticket is not get one at all....don't speed and stop for stop signs and lights lol

i wrote 23 today and none were chincy...everyone was going 25+ km's over the limit....still looking for my first stunt driver.....

Thats the smartest thing Ive heard all day. The best way to avoid paying a ticket is to NOT GET ONE!

ya, I am an 18 year old kid on the road, lots of people probably see me in my dad's car (which happens to be one that is VERY capable of getting me into a race/speedingticket/streetracingfine situation) and think uh oh thats the problem on our roads.

Nope, I don't speed and its for a simple reason. Math. Do the math.

Lets say we are going 5 kms down the road to the grocery store.

at 60 km/h this trip would take us [ 60km/h = 1 km/min therefore 5km/5min] for arguments sake we will leave out traffics lights etc.

now at 75km/h the trip takes [75km/h = 1.25km/ min therefor 5km/ 4 min]

Now, ill take that extra ONE MINUTE any day to get to the grocery store if it means im not paying the (~$50) for the 15 over speeding ticket.

oh ya, think of the gas you will save!

cheers

i'm responding to fishnautographs

What is with this stunt driving law, if i am driving 50km/h the speed limit i understand that i will get 10000 fine. However why is it categorized as stunt driving? Did anyone see my ghost car that came here two minutes before (thats from Grand Trisimo 3) i'm trying to beat my previous lap time.