Alumacraft dealer near Ott.

hdefjunkie

I bought my Alumacraft from Hurst Marina 3 years ago. Unfortunately I believe they got out of fishing boats all together. I really dont know where there is a dealer anymore. I thought there was one near Toronto but not sure. I saw Alumacraft boats in Wasaga beach at a dealer there. Try a search on the internet. I will say this, Alumacraft has to be the best boat I have owned and is a really solid well built boat. Mine handles really well and is very stable. It is 7.6 feet wide and this is why it is so stable, it handles rough water well too as it got a really good test last year on Quinte with 50 plus KM winds and big waves. Hope you find one, you wont regret the purchase. You may also see if there are dealers in New York state.

Im in the market for a new baot and Im thinking is going to be an Alumacraft.

Also looking at the Trpohy but probably a 185

Went to Bay City and it will take 6 weeks delivery.

Might wait until the boat show to buy though.

Edited by F7Firecat

Thanks alot guys. This gives me options. I as well might wait it out for the boat show but am following a

few used market leads.

Originally was looking at HarberCrafts, seems to be highly regarded, solid, no frills outfit. Though the

price is nowhere near the Trophy's.

Fortunately I had the opportunity to fish out of a 175 this summer, very solid boat even in the

2-3ft rollers.

Nice outfit :thumbsup_anim:

Lots of outfits state side, ooohh what I give to have to live in Minnesota for a couple of months. Them and Lunds are

like hockey and beer up here. Probably since the're made in MN. Too bad they're not well represented here in the east, like Crestliner.

Anyhow, wondering if anyone bought a unit in the US which still had warranty on the OB. Yamaha and Suzuki are my

front runners. I suspect the warranty is lost, but thought I'd ask. I have a message into Alumacraft to see where they

stand.

I have owned a Lund, a Legend (never again) and now my Alumacraft and I am so impressed with it my next boat will be Alumacraft. I have 16,7 full windshield and have had it in big water in very rough weather and it is very sturdy. My next one will be a bit bigger with more Horses. My current boat has a 75 mer. optimax and it is a great motor, always starts of the first crank and I get good gas mileage. If you want more info send me a message , I live in Ottawa as well.

Don

Hey there I bought a new alumacraft this year there are only 3 dealers in Ontario that deal them Bay City in hamilton. One is wasaga and the one on sturgeon. I called all three Bay city gave me the best Price. The one in Sturgeon didn't want to sell me a new boat and tried to pawn off a used one that was no where near what I wanted. and Wasaga was way over priced I got my entire package for 6000 less at Bay city the what wasaga offered and the boat from wasaga had no electronics obn it. Blows my mind how some people do business.

IF you go to www.alumacraft.com they have a Dealer locator on there ansd maybe there is one close to u in Quebec. I purchased a Navigator 175 awesome boat with a great ride.

n585020306_3739767_6913.jpg

6K that's kind of ridiculous. Goes to show ya, it really pays to shop around. Here's what Alumacraft send in regards

to "closest" dealers in/around Ottawa.

MOTO SPORT ST. JEROME, INC

WALSTEN MARINE

I've talked to a few dealers, some mentioned here and a couple others up north. Ya know, the thing that bugs me the most is these

dealers almost hold you hostage if you really want an Alumacraft. No movement at all on price. Speak to a dealer in the US, and

they'll wheel and deal no problem.

Far as I can see, buying new in the US is attractive from a price perspective but the trade off would be service or

denied warranty service from the CDN dealer. Also I believe the warranty on the "new" motor would be invalid.

Anyone know the difference between the Dominator and Trophy?

Far as I can see, weight and load capacity are higher on the Trophy which leads me to believe the construction

is slightly different.

They are identical boats with the obvious difference beng one is a full windshield and the other is a single windshield.

Hdefjunkie the difference in construction maybe the gauge of almuminum used. Also there is probably a second bottom hull plate and bow plate on the trophy. Some models have double bow and hull plates some only have double bow plate depends on the model and length.The Dominator 17.5 probably has a second bow plate and hull plate the diference maybe the thickness of the second plate. Ask for a cataloge from Alumacraft and read the spec's section you'll get all the info you need to compare the different models. I have had my Magnum for 5 years and I love it. It handles the water great nice dry ride. No feed back steering is awsome, mine has a huge livewell, lots of well layed out storage, nice wide carpeted gunnels. Which ever Alumacraft you decide on you won't be disappointed. Rob

Imported_Photos_00102.JPG

Guest Johnny Bass

Yup. Alumacraft is a well built boat. Been threw alot, but no leaks, the water guards keep you from getting wet, especially when on plane, handles big water well. All around solid boat!! Definitely worth the $$$. And I would definitely put a Yamaha on the back to make the boat complete!

Yep, it's between a Yammy and Zuk. Leaning more towards the Zuk, since they offer a 6yr

warranty. Wonder if Yammy will step up on the warranty in '09?

Not that there is anything wrong with Suzuki but I've found part availabilty and service to be much more difficult to find than OMC/Honda/Merc/Yamaha. They do have a growing dealer network so those issues may be shrinking.