Trailer repair?

musky66

Coming back from Balsam the other night and I finally get to experience the joys of an overheated and disintegrating trailer bearing! Not to mention the joys of getting it home. Now I have replaced and rebuilt the hub only to find that the threads on the spindle are messed up and I can't get the nut to thread on. It doesn't appear that the stub axle can be removed from the drop tube. I am going to remove the entire axle and try to find a place to repair the threads(I hope) or I may need to replace entire axle. Anyone recommend a place in York Region (Georgina) for repair?

Well, I sure don't want any more experiences like this- I think it stems from my inexperience in re-greasing the bearings- they will be done properly from now on! Removed the complete axle and sure enough the threads and bearing surfaces were scored beyond repair on the underside- where the rim was supporting the weight after I lost the nut and outside bearing! Took the axle to a local trailer shop and had them make me a new one this afternoon- luckily my son was friends with one of the employees and I got a super cash deal. Just need to paint her up and bolt her in.