The Pier Produced Again.....Finally!

ccmtcanada

Well, Bly and I have been out 3 times to local piers in the past week without having any luck at all. In fact, it seemed no one was having luck while we were out there.

Anyhow, we went out again tonight and began rinsing off our cleos and it seemed that it was going to be one of those nights yet again, but we know that eventually the skunk will be shaken off. Tonight was the night.

After throwing spoons for about an hour, on one retrieve I feel what may be the bottom or maybe a weed. We are fishing in about 25 feet of water so you just never know if you are touching bottom or not. Anyhow, I kept on retrieving and about 3 seconds later I feel a distinct hit! I set the hook and........nothing. Damn it!! That could be my only hit of the night. I keep the retrieve going and about 20 seconds later, it slammed my lure. I could tell right away it was a smaller one, but it sure felt good to hook into it.

Here it is....a smaller 32" one, that had just started to turn colour....so it was mostly shiny.

32inchsalmon.jpg

Nicely done Cliff - persistance paid off . . . . . . . . . . - and I promise - no nail polish on this one - lol

LOL...thanks Don...you've already let the secret out though....

Way to go Cliff

This year it has been totally wierd, I have still to land one this year.

Maybe this weekend

Jose

The bite has been slower for me as well....keep at it though...still lots of time!

A respectable catch Cliff and it's a purdy one! Sure looks dark out there though how well does the LED light up the area?

Beautiful salmon, hasn't really changed colors yet. Good Job!

When I was fighting it and saw the light colours (almost chrome in the water), I was hoping I caught an early steelhead. I was very surprised at the colour. It was a lot nicer then the one I caught in 50 feet of water out in Lake on last weekend!

Good job Cliff and a dandy fish. If you could be hitting the bottom in 25fow, how fast are you retrieving those cleo's? Are you letting it flutter, short retrieve, flutter? or constant?

I haven't had any luck on spoons yet this year, and so are the other fisherfolk I talk to, just wondering if you are using a specific retrieve to entice them chinny's.

Good job Cliff and a dandy fish. If you could be hitting the bottom in 25fow, how fast are you retrieving those cleo's? Are you letting it flutter, short retrieve, flutter? or constant?

I haven't had any luck on spoons yet this year, and so are the other fisherfolk I talk to, just wondering if you are using a specific retrieve to entice them chinny's.

slow slow slow if your losing 1 or 2 cleos a nite to the rock gods your doing it right

Thanks Bite me, guess my problem is a quick retrieve.

On another note, it was last week since I attended, however, LeB's in Missisauga had a bin full of glo cleos on sale for $2 or $3 pending on size. I got maybe 6 of them. Check it out, maybe they're still around.

Edited by reefrunner

maybe this sunday morning ? :)

Your are a sick puppy. Stop following me aorund with that net LOL.

Save me a rock. I will not be as nice this time if anyone takes my spot while I am helping land someone elses fish.

Watch out :asshat:

Jose

Calcutta 200B, St. Croix Avid 9 1/2 ft

Calcutta 200GTB, St. Croix Avid 10 1/2 ft

So watch out for my backcast (remember what happened last time?)