My new PB Largie!!!

frozen-fire

My friend and I decided we would do some 'close to shore' fishing in an inflatable. We hit the lake at about 5 PM and starting to fish in some very weedy water. I had a nice topwater hit on my second cast and I manage a decent 1 lb largemouth.

We don't see anymore action til about 6:30 or so when I get a nicer 2.5 lber. Not nice enough for pics though!

A couple casts later, I see something making a disturbance in the water, following my rapala J-7. It was like a torpedo!

It hit, and I set the hook. Solid. Fish took it deep into the weeds. It feels really good, as it gets closer to our inflatable, I see it swirl it's body. I notice that it was really long looking, and the first thing that came to my mind was that it would turn out being my first musky!

I start to get worried as it gets really deep into the weeds and won't move. I eventually pull everything up and see a huge head... it's a largemouth!

I lip the thing not knowing how big it was and when the whole fish is out of the water, I start screaming.

Didn't have a scale and also no measuring tape.

It still swims and is to be caught next year by me when it gains weight :)

This fish was over 2 feet. Heaviest bass I've caught, and I've managed to get a couple 5 lbers in the past.

Pics don't really do it justice as we were on a tiny inflatable and couldn't take any better ones.

DSC01313640x480.jpg

DSC01312640x480.jpg

DSC01310640x480.jpg

Well, I am impressed. How long did it take to briing it in?

It was probably a few minutes... before it threw itself into a pile of weeds, it was an awesome fight! It never came up to take a leap, just kept it's nose down and took us for a ride in the inflatable.

I find that fish tend to stop fighting after getting wrapped up in some weeds. It seems to subdue them.

Wow.. Very nice congrats!! Amazing pics, I think he makes you look tiny.

wow, now that you mention it... i do look tiny! pics could've been better, they were just taken with my cell phone, and we were in an inflatable. Pretty much sitting next to each other, no room at all to get a better shot in.