Whats a good multi rod tube?

Guest buick14

I originally wanted that frabill pack a pole, but read the reviews and checked it out myself and wasnt sure if I wanted to dish out that cash for it.....

so I have been looking and looking, and well frankly, I havnt really been having any luck...

I wonder, are there any rod tubes that are foam padded all the way through the barrel?? Every one I have looked at has padded ends and thats all..........

Any suggestions?

Should I put a rod sock on each rod before putting it inside??

Thanks in advance for the ideas!

I originally wanted that frabill pack a pole, but read the reviews and checked it out myself and wasnt sure if I wanted to dish out that cash for it.....

I have the frabill case. For multi rod cases, it's probably the only one in that price range with foam all around. almost all tube type cases only have foam at the ends. There are multi rod aluminum cases, i forget some of the manufacturers, but they're quite expensive and not adjustable so they stays one size. I have 1 main issue with the fabrill case and that is the rods in the "lid" (whatever side you decide that is the top) will fall out, so what i've done is secured the rods into the slots, and now it's all good. I'm guessing your bad reviews are mostly about not being able to get 4 rods + reels in there without a lot of adjusting, that's true. What i found is that i don't want the reels in there anyways because 1/ they make the case heavier 2/ i don't want to check my reels as baggage because there's no insurance.

ask if you have a question. I can also take pictures if you want to see it in some setup you have in mind or whatever.

Ditto on the PVC tube (I still have to give Cliff back his hehe). In addition to stuffing the ends with socks or whatever I also wrap the rods up around the middle so that that don't move around at all once in the tubes (which is really what the foam in the crazy expensive plano tube is for). Used it a few times now without any problems (just remember that the airlines have some size limits you may need to be aware of especially if your planning to build a tube for one piece rods).