Bottom bouncers or worm harnesses?

HUKDONFAWNIX

Both at the same time.Try using a floating worm harness on a bottom bouncer.

Im with percher on this one.

We started using that same rig this year with great success.

On Quinte there is a saying...(most likely everywhere)..

"When the water is above 65'f...use a worm harness...and when its below use a body bait like a manns or similar...

Unless it is through the ice...This is the time Ive found the fishing to be actually alot better for catch rate by size.

Been using a bottom bouncer type lindy rig in Nipissing for the past twenty years. This rig will get them when nothing else will. I use a 3/4 oz lindy slider weight(looks like a boot),small plastic bead,small swivel(smaller the better) and then a peice of florocarbon about 24 inches to the hook. One nice juicy dew worm hooked once through the nose and a good shot of air so it floats well(use lindy worm blower).....This rig works best in a slow controled drift or when using a electric positioning motor to push you along...

Good Luck !!

Depends entirely on what type of water I was fishing. Here on the south shore of lake erie it was never more than a crankbait. Water was wide open no weeds all that was needed and a lot of limits before noon.

Had success with crankbaits in open water on the Georgian bay, trolling seven inch floating Rapalas, June Bug spinner tip with a crawler, worm harnesses tipped with a crawler. Worm or egg sinker depending on water depth.

Also got them on minnows(slip bobber) and other bass sized lures.

Thanks everyone for your help. I think I will try both this weekend. Any suggestions regarding colours and seize to use for the worm harnesses?

Just so I understand......One suggestion is to attach a worm harness to the bottom bouncer with a 24" flouro leader and add a worm?

Thanks!

as for some colour suggestions.....in high light conditions go with bright colours,metalics, silvers,watermelons,tigers,lower light conditions, blacks,purples,dark greens...go with darker colours as well if you are fishing pretty deep water for them,like say 50 feet or more.

try different blade styles too if you have the harnesses for it....double willows work well..make sure you try and get the worm as straight on the harness as you can otherwise your harness will twist

Thanks everyone for your help. I think I will try both this weekend. Any suggestions regarding colours and seize to use for the worm harnesses?

Just so I understand......One suggestion is to attach a worm harness to the bottom bouncer with a 24" flouro leader and add a worm?

Thanks!

Where we fish the water is pretty clear and there is no need for colour. Just main line to a lead lindy slider(no colour),then a bead and the swivel. Add 24 inches of tippet material(floracarbon) and a small hook...Attach dew worm once through the nose and apply air under the worms collar(ring up by its head)until it floats....With the lindy rig if your fishing cloudy or stained water then you can add colour to the rig either by using coloured sinkers or coloured floating jig heads(no air required in worm)....

Good Luck !!

Try the Mustad 'Slow Death' hook rig setup. I T F R E A K I N' W O R K S!!! where all else fail. I tried it up on LOTW this summer and caught 4 walleye in 20 minutes with my father in law catching 1 jumbo perch with a Lindy rigged worm. It's cheap to boot, the hooks are only a couple of bucks for 10, some 6lb test for the leader, swivels (good ones are key), and your worms (you only use less than half a worm).

Just do a very very slow troll and you should be able to slay them 'eyes.

I will second the Slow Death hooks they are Fing awesome I have been using them here on LSC with alot of nice fishing coming from them I also have fallen in love with Gulp worms they work better then the real thing hands down.

I like to use the same set up as with the worm harness I use a bottom bouncer 3/4-1 1/2 OZ depending on the depth and I like to have 4-6' of floro line from the bouncer to the hook