Is This a Good Deal?

MCTFisher9120

Good choice, but that bag goes on sale a lot, I would wait.

Just 2 suggestions,

I have 2 of these, and love them, Holds alot, has wheels and extending/pull out handle. BPS Vaughan has it in stock.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/s...11000_100-11-10

I am going to order this one for Match fishing, looks great.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/s...11000_100-11-10

Edited by DanielM

Yeah it is a good one my dad got one for like 24.99 last year. He likes it alot it is so much easier on him to carry than the old one he used to lug around. We had not fished for over 15 yrs and to be honest when he picked up his big rapala box he could hardly lift it.... The difference between being 58 and 73 might have had something to do with it too LOL.

Edited by Canuck2fan

Every once in a while, Canadian Tire and Walmart sell a similar bag with 4 large plastic boxes, 3 zippered pockets for around 12 dollars....sometimes 10 dollars. I have 2 of those. I also have a larger one that my wife bought for me as a present. And then, I got one when I subscribed to a fishing magazine for one year. Subscription price was 14 dollars for one year and a free soft tackle bag (no plastic boxes). For some reason, the magazine thought that I was a dealer or something because this subscription was not for the general public.

Now that I have 4 of those soft tackle boxes, I only need about 2 more. And another one big enough to hold large square plastic boxes....each plastic box will carry a reel. I rarely leave my reels on my rods. The only time I do that is when I'm going down the street to fish in the Saguenay river for brook trout, landlocked salmon and walleye.

Edited by Dabluz

I believe you do alot of shore fishing, correct?

Best system in the world is hard plastic boxes (the kind that come inside the plano soft bags) in a backpack. This way you can store all your baits in the bag, and also have a second rod in the bag.

When I fish the harbour I will often use my float rod and wear my vest but also have a backpack with all the hardware and my spoon chucking rod in it.

works great and its cheap

I believe you do alot of shore fishing, correct?

Best system in the world is hard plastic boxes (the kind that come inside the plano soft bags) in a backpack. This way you can store all your baits in the bag, and also have a second rod in the bag.

When I fish the harbour I will often use my float rod and wear my vest but also have a backpack with all the hardware and my spoon chucking rod in it.

works great and its cheap

I mostly fish from shore when fishing in the Saguenay. Yes...the back pack was my main carrier for many years. It still is when I have to carry extra clothes, lunch, etc. But I have a soft tackle bag that I can hang from my shoulder. I rarely bring an extra rod unless it's a fly rod. Here in Quebec, we are allowed to use only one rod at a time. When I go fishing just across the street from my house, I carry much less equipment.

My fishing equipment is pretty well divided according to the species of fish I want to catch. There is stuff for brook trout in the small lakes, then stuff for walleye, ouananiche and pike, stuff for pike only, then there is the fly fishing stuff and finally the equipment I need for bottom fishing in the Saguenay River. When I go camping/fishing or longer trips where there is the possibility of fishing for a variety of fish, I bring along more tackle bags. I like to have a lot of fishing equipment with me. I just hate it when you get a situation where the fish are biting on something special or special technique and what I need is at home.

Might get this, my other tackle box is a little heavy and this would be a lot easier to carry around.

It is the Plano Softsided Tackle Bag, Large $39.99 at Canadian Tire

http://www.canadiantire.ca/browse/product_...fromSearch=true

Go for it. :thumbsup_anim: I've been using Plano soft sides for a number of years now. I also continue to buy their 3700 series of boxes.

Just take what you think you will need for the day.

just JOHN

Stick tackle drawers in a backpack dude! I haven't bought a tackle box (besides trays) for 5 years!

That's what I did for a few years but I would now need 2 or more backpacks most of the time. Also, when the plastic boxes are in a backpack, acces is not quick and easy.....especially when you have stuff like a rainsuit, lunch, thermos, GPS, camera, binoculars, flashlight, bait etc in the back pack.

I still use a backpack when portaging into remote areas but when I do, I always place a smaller soft tackle bag in the backpack. For ice fishing, I don't need as much tackle so 1 or 2 large flat plastic boxes and a couple of smaller plastic boxes easily slip into a back pack along with extra clothing and lunch.

Edited by Dabluz