Fishing Trip

HUKDONFAWNIX

Hi Everyone,

My b-day is coming up soon and I want to book a fishing trip for next spring/summer. I know it's kinda early - lol. But I want to get a head start on my research and to be honest I love to dream about going away with the guys and fishing til we drop.

So, I would love it if you could suggest some places to book a trip?

1. Destination driving distance is not really an issue, but I don't really want to drive for 12 hours coming from the BIG town of Orangeville. LOL

2. Target species - Pickeral and Pike are the main targets. Other species would be a bonus.

3. No frills, regular cottage or camping

I think that should cover it.

I look forward to all of your suggestions!!

Thank you!!

Black Creek Outfitters.....very reasonable, and good walleye fishing on both Aubrey Lake and Rocky Island Lake. Lots of speck lakes near by too! New owners...clean and fair. 7 hrs tops from T.O. It's on hwy 129 less than an hour north of Hwy 17 @ Thessalon (1 hour east of Sault Ste Marie) Good luck!

Depending on how many fish or how easy the fishing is expected is how your question should be addressed and of course how much you are willing to spend.

I recently enjoyed a fly in trip to Air Ivanhoe which is about 2 hours west of Gogama, Ontario. It was only a 20 minute flight but I did like what I seen in Ivanhoe Lake where the plane took off from. The accommodation's at Lake Ivanhoe and Nemegoseda where we flew into were VERY good. Here is there website. Next time I would like to stay back at Ivanhoe Lake and tear a new butt hole into the fishing population there :<)

http://www.air-ivanhoe.com/

BTW the rates are very reasonable and the host are very good at making you happy ! ! !

Good Luck,

Bob

Ivanhoe is a good spot. Fished it this July while staying at the Provincial Park there (awesome park btw...free boat "beaching"). Fishing was good considering the unsettled weather we had. Lots of Pike in the 5lb range and 14-18" eyes at night and early morning. I'll go back. Apparently there are many lakes within a short drive where the fish is even better. There's also a nice lodge up the road from Ivanhoe where I got my bait but I forget the name?

Also, Ivanhoe lake Prov. Park actually has a few smallish cabins they rent....I'm sure you'd have to book which means pay for them now.

Edited by ctdd2006

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I'm just looking for a nice get away where catching fish is fairly steady and I can bring home some fish for my two little girls. They love fresh fish!

Cost is really an issue, but I'm not looking to do a fly-in this time. Definitely in the future though! I don't plan on spending much time in the cottage/camp anyway. I will be on the lake from sunrise until the night.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Edited by HUKDONFAWNIX