Anyone ever fish in Binbrook Conservation Area?

gogu392

....Admittedly I have not fished it in a little more than two decades. But when I did pike, largemouth and walleye were the target. In fact we did very well on the walleye! During the last few years I fished there crappie were taking hold and to my understanding are now quite prolific in the lake. Not sure of this but I believe that the only crappie may be kept these days.

I caught my biggest Crappie there, caught it on a Big O in pearl. But I think most use micro tubes\jigs. Not sure if live minnows are allowed there or not? But that place has boat loads of Crappies, good Bass and Pike fishing to be had as well. Good luck.

Bass, both large and smallmouth in there, pike, walleye, perch, crappie, bluegill, pumpkinseed, catfish and carp all inhabit the waters of the resovoir there. minnows are allowed. micro tubes work good for crappies, as said the preditory fish, bass pike and walleye are catch and release only to help re-establish healthy populations of the fish again. over fishing was a big problem and decimated the populations, crappie are extremely abundant there. but there are some big fish, i seen a 4lb smallie caught, and a 7lb walleye. prolly not much more then hammer handle pike, i seen a 3 or 4lb pike caught through the ice this past winter, but who knows, there could and very well may be a big one out there, its a huge body of water. not much for structure in the lake though. averages about 10 feet deep with a max of only 23 feet.

i live close by so sometimes i go catch my limit of crappie and have a nice "shore lunch" at my place. haha

the crappie tend to stay suspended in that lake, i've never had a sonor in there so i dont know what the bottom looks like..

usually i just drift accross the lake with some micro tubes, in pink, white, blue or combo's of both.

cya

• 2 years later...

im going to bibrook this weekend...im a beginner fisher, considering the weather is crappie still the primary hit... any bait shops int he area where i can get these mico tubes.. any suggestions on how to rig the microtubes?

fishing world and bills bait both sell them. u can rig them on a regular hook with a split shot under a float, u can get small tube jigs, same as u get for bass, just very small for micro tubes, or, and the way i usually rig them, a small round jig, 1/16th or 1/32 and just run it on the hook shank the same way u would a grub or twister tail.

tons of crappie in there, there some big bass in there as well. i've only landed one hammerhandle pike in there so far and have yet to catch a walleye but i just started fishing there this year. there are some real nice slabs in there though

june21st003.jpg