NF - Music Video - Me and a friend singing "Teach Your Children"

ccmtcanada

Sorry bout the non fishing post, but I wanted to share this tune. This is a song that my friend (Hazel) and I worked on a little for that camping trip that Bly and I went on this past summer. Singing around the fire is a tradition and this was the new song for the year.

It's written by Graham Nash (performed by Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young)...a classic song called Teach Your Children. The version in this video consists of one guitar and two voices...although I do have a version that has a bass line and a second harmony line added.

Anyhow, here it is...hope you enjoy!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l7ihoFFHiE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l7ihoFFHiE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l7ihoFFHiE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Edited by ccmt

Good stuff Cliff & Hazel, I've always been fond of that song. Cliff, the way you and Hazel sing together reminds me of the duo consisting of Eugene Levy and Cathy O'hara as Mitch and Mickey in the fine film A Mighty Wind. This is by no means meant as an insult, I think they sing just fine together, thanks for sharing.

Edited by Dano

Cliff, Cliff, Cliff.... I'm lost for words here Buddy. That was so awesome. I'll probably watch that video at least 100 times before I tire of it. You are an amazing man. You dedicate yourself and excel at whatever you do. You are a role model. Some day I'd like to shake your hand.

Years ago when that tune came out new(yes-before it was a classic) it seemed like a ho-hum tune. Guess headbanging stuff was more cool at the time :wallbash: . Now CSN&Y are one of my favorites. What talent they were/are.

You and Hazel did a wonderful rendition. :thumbsup_anim:

It took over 20 minutes to download here on dialup, glad I did. Thank you.

Thanks everyone for the comments! It was a really great song to learn and play.....

Good stuff Cliff & Hazel, I've always been fond of that song. Cliff, the way you and Hazel sing together reminds me of the duo consisting of Eugene Levy and Cathy O'hara as Mitch and Mickey in the fine film A Mighty Wind. This is by no means meant as an insult, I think they sing just fine together, thanks for sharing.

No insults there Dano....those two surprised me BIG time when I saw that film!

Cliff, Cliff, Cliff.... I'm lost for words here Buddy. That was so awesome. I'll probably watch that video at least 100 times before I tire of it. You are an amazing man. You dedicate yourself and excel at whatever you do. You are a role model. Some day I'd like to shake your hand.

Likewise Dan...would be great to meet you one day! I feel the same way about the photos that you take....simply amazing talent.

Years ago when that tune came out new(yes-before it was a classic) it seemed like a ho-hum tune. Guess headbanging stuff was more cool at the time :wallbash: . Now CSN&Y are one of my favorites. What talent they were/are.

You and Hazel did a wonderful rendition. :thumbsup_anim:

It took over 20 minutes to download here on dialup, glad I did. Thank you.

Wow....20 minutes for a 3 minute song...LOL. Thanks for the compliment and for waiting it out Bernie!!!

Let me know when you might use a third voice there Cliff. Put this one on the playlist for the next G2G.

A very fine blend, great tuning from you and Hazel. Fine job.

On the G2G playlist for sure! Thanks.

Edited by ccmt

that's pretty cool, nothing like sitting around the camp fire jammin out a few ole classics..also a fine tradition at my trailer, or anyother outdoor event that happens and a few of us bring along somehting to beat a tune out on...thanks for sharing

Thanks again guys....I've sent Hazel the link to this thread so she can read the responses.

We are thinking of our next duet....any suggestions out there???

Do you guys think you can cut a Matt Mays song, Like tall trees. Did a utube and found out he was from Nova Scotia. Sounded like from the south states when I first heard him. If not a Pink floyd tribute to Richard Wright. Thats all. no pressure on Hazel.

Edited by holdfast