I have broken the curse!

Kerry

Well after two years of trying on Balsam I finally got my first musky.Funny thing was we were trying for smallies just outside swimming area at the park.Third cast of the morning and I have a new PB to work on:

101_0239__Small_.jpg

At about 28" he's not big or legal size but he's perfect for my first.Caught him on a #4 gold Vibrax plain treble.

Kerry

Thanks guys,

I have had this disease for a couple of years now.Unfortunately when I started to try for them the MNR up and closed it in couchiching the following year.Sooo,that left me in a dilemma-where to go?After camping in Balsam a couple of times previous and loving the fishing for walleye (Thanks to a few board members suggestions ;);) ) I picked it as my go to lake for musky and other than a couple of days on other lakes with musky in them I have really concentrated on them in Balsam.I can only say that BIG eyes and BIG BIG largies have an affinity for trolled believers and spinnerbaits in the late fall respectively.I'm bettin' on that lad's momma's gonna say hello and give me a piece o' her mind this fall.

Anyway He was very clean,no marks,came in without too much fanfare and swam away as if I hadn't even held him.Can't complain too much about that.

Kerry

Way to go! I know the feeling....I got my first Ski a week and a half ago in Serpent Harbour in the North Channel of Lake Huron. 37 inches about 12 lbs. Gave my one piece 6footer St Croix and 2000 Spirex all it could handle! Not to mention my heart as it pounded my wally diver at the boat! I think I may be hooked....she's all I've been thinking of! Thank god for a full spool of power pro! The walleyes we boated were nice......but that Musky has been keeping me up at night!!!!?? Successful release so I'll be looking for her again soon...

Edited by ctdd2006