Any Fishing spots in Barrie or Innisfil Ontario.

davis181

Boat Launches

- Lake Simcoe Marina, Innisfil

- Innisfil Beach Rd, Innisfil

- Free boat launch in Barrie - near main beach

Lake Simcoe Marina

In Innisfil, south east corner. The Marina has boat rentals for Simcoe and the only one around as there is none in Barrie. They have a boat launch there and a Government dock for shore fishing, but beware there's no parking at the Marina if you are using the Gov Dock. There is also space for MAYBE 2 cars to park infront of the dock, otherwise you're getting a parking ticket ($30, got one last month). http://www.lakesimcoemarine.com

There's lots of perch off the end of that dock.

Innisfil Beach

Only been there a couple of times to the dock with little success. You need to go further out in deeper water from that point. The boat launch seemed very active when I was around, so it's likely free.

Barrie

You can fish all around the shoreline except near beaches or the duck pond. The shoreline near the downtown area has a lot of spots available. The parking lot is behind Hooters :thumbsup_anim: I believe it's a $1/hr and there's tons of spots to fish from.

You can also fish from a Gov Dock off of Dock Rd. I've been there many times, I'd say the best dock around for active bites. Keep in mind it's basically all panfish; perch, rock bass & sunfish - live bait works best.

Little Lake

Tiny lake with a lot of pressure on it, you'll see a lot of boats out there on weekends but on a week night it's a great place to hit. Take 400 to duckworth and go west and you run in to the lake. There is 2 campgrounds and both have boat rentals and are usually sold out most weekends. There is also a boat launch at one of the campgrounds, I believe it's $6 to launch. You'll find a ton of hammer-handle pike & bass there.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Gov

Edited by Governator