rod storage system

rob v

When I first saw that holder, I thought it was a good idea. So I decided to make the same thing. I put it over the garage like in the picture, well I don't want to use a ladder everytime I need a rod. Now I use the greay home depot hooks, screwed into the joists in the basement ceiling. Nice and neat, easy to get to.

The rod holder in the link has to be mounted high up or else you get poked in the eye if they are low.

I will post some pics of my setups, by the way those berkley locking holder are really good.

Here are the pics of my 3 setups, works for me. But just an idea

100_1397.jpg

100_1401.jpg

100_1399.jpg

100_1400.jpg

Edited by DanielM

When I first saw that holder, I thought it was a good idea. So I decided to make the same thing. I put it over the garage like in the picture, well I don't want to use a ladder everytime I need a rod. Now I use the greay home depot hooks, screwed into the joists in the basement ceiling. Nice and neat, easy to get to.

The rod holder in the link has to be mounted high up or else you get poked in the eye if they are low.

I will post some pics of my setups, by the way those berkley locking holder are really good.

100_1397.jpg

100_1401.jpg

100_1399.jpg

100_1400.jpg

[/quot

Good Ideas with the hooks. Maybe Ill use that setup in my shed next summer.

100_1397.jpg

100_1401.jpg

100_1399.jpg

100_1400.jpg

The best ideas are almost always simple. My wife is so excited about the hook idea that she is ready to go out and buy them for me.... Did I mention that I'm sitting in our living room, surrounded by my tackle as I try to prepare for Lakair.... I think she figures to put me on one of those hooks. ;)