How did you find this site.

Roy

A few years ago i caught my first musky, near the West Arm "Musky Island". I decent mid 40's ski. When i got back from my trip, i typed "ontario musky" into google, clicked "search images" and came across this pic of some dude holding what looked to be a 50" + musky...

42Cnv0485_small.jpg

I noticed that the pick came from this site...

http://www.fishingontario.net/

Then i clicked on the message board link at the bottom of the page and started searching for and reading all of Lew's musky posts. I lurked for several months, then finally decided to join. The rest is history as they say.

Thanks Lew!! :thumbsup_anim:

Cheers,

FOTB

:Gonefishing:

I think I was 12 and was on the Fishin Canada site and there was NO traffic and I saw a post that said "everyone has left here, they are all over at OFC"

So there I was, and there I went and I havent changed since.

The only other board I visit is FF.net and that is not very often.

Well,

The way I remembered it was Kevin at Lakair called me and said there was some dude named TJ that was starting up a fishing related disscusion board and he needed someone to put up a post to get things rolling. So Kev gave me a email addy for this TJ fella and TJ gave me a link to his new board. My thread,the first on OFC was called "I love muskie fishing".....and the rest was history. Things took off quickly with new members showing up every day. I especially remember the braided line verses mono discusions with Garry2r's and the constant ribbing of Mikeo of course all in fun...

Then Lew showed up and joined us in our line preference discusions as well.... To this day I still prefer mono by the way :lol: Guess I'm just old school.....There were so many people coming on board back then I can't remember half of them.....

Over the years there have been many folks come and go including myself but I like many others couldn't help returning to the best darn fishing site in Ontario....OFC

Home sweet home :)

Cheers !!!

I found the site while researching boats, then found a post regarding the French river and I guess I stayed so far for some reason or the other, could be the info or perhaps it's the great trip reports or maybee it's the free case of beer with every new membership sign up...

It was in June of 2003, was surfing Mahumba's board up here in Thunder Bay. I saw a post by DanC there with a link to this site. Only took me a couple of days to sign up. As it turned out, I joined right in the middle of one of the big dust-ups and then had reservations about this place. It all got sorted out in the end.

I used to be on walleyecentral and fishhawknet, but haven't been back to either of those places for 4 or 5 yrs.(fishhawk is where I first saw a few Moosebunk reports, sure glad Drew signed up here 3-4 years ago).

I do not post nearly as much as I used to, but visit here every morning before work, and after work(no time during work to do so).

I have met about 5 people from this place, TJQ, his better half Monique, and their 2 kids Avery and Jaden. Also Mahumba(Roger) and DanC, and will probably be talking to them next Thursday as there is a mini meet and greet with one of our local board members who is from Ohio who comes up this way maybe twice a year.

I used to keep to one site.

After awhile I got invited to another.

I liked having two sites better. I'm not really a one site kind of guy.

One day I picked up a brain STD. I didn't know which site was the culprit. Turns out neither, but I had to do a background check on them, and found out there were other sites. This was one of them. I came here.

Thanks to this site and many others I am now a site easy one who has received many treatments for online brain STD's. I don't plan on seeking any help, I'm not really a one site kind of guy.

I have had a computer since 96-97, LOL Lew learns quicker! I cruised a lot of fishing sites, it was my main interest, mostly bass sites.

I was planning a trip to Ontario, like a break in trip for my kids, some place fairly close, but with some character, Moon River which I had passed over many times came to mind, started looking for info and found this site.

Illness may have kept me from a Moon landing, but OFC is still number 1.

i used to freak on sites like floatfishing.net and i believe UofT zooboard back in the day when I heard word of this site from one of those boards. now when im surfing fishing talk its pretty much OFC or nothing.

Heh there's two boards that were AWESOME fishing boards, I still run into Andy @ the Ringwood hatchery and I stopped hitting the floatboard when the pin zealots took over and started banning people for having backgrounds in their pics.

Found this place when I bought a golf shirt off TJ at a fishing show.

Cabin fever...plain and simple,

I'm not a huge Ice Fishing guy, and the soft water season was done, so I was surfing for Fishing Chat rooms, message board...anything to talk about fishing!!!

I went through a few stagnant Sites with little energy going round...Posts could sit weeks with out a comment?

Then I found this board, and I knew I found somthing special right away.

Great folks, lots of interaction, a willingness to share....I was hooked!!!(total pun intended)

Here I am... 6 years later still loving it :Gonefishing:

I was a lurking datesite gal....got hooked there...was released here. :clapping:

I was even proposed to here...some of you may remember that?

This site is not only a source of information regarding fishing (so new to me) but for all the other questions I have had that were nonfishing related and in which have helped me tremendously.

Mostly...I enjoy reading...it's just a nice place to be....some of you are so entertaining. :thumbsup_anim: