How did you find this site.

Roy

Thanks for the pic Garry. A homemade muskie bait to the first person who can name everyone in that pic. I'll make it easier, you don't have to name Mikeo's kids. There are 16 non Mikeo kids. Go for it and good luck.

For me it was a guy from this board that ask me to check it out.....sure enough after a couple of days of surfin....got hooked and joined.

It's a very well designed site and contains a wealth of information.....what can I say....I love reading reports.

Also the anglers on this site are very knowledgable and respectful of one another B)

Congratulations

Leechman

Good friend of mine and ex-coworker has a wife who happens to have a best bud named Monique.He told me of this website where they make a living on sleeping bags and bug shirts-so I checked out the website and found this button link that said " message board ". TJ if you read this-I was at their wedding too but dont remember meeting you guys. THAT was a long time ago-at least 15 yrs

Thanks for the pic Garry. A homemade muskie bait to the first person who can name everyone in that pic. I'll make it easier, you don't have to name Mikeo's kids. There are 16 non Mikeo kids. Go for it and good luck.

I can't begin to name 'em all, but it says something about the nature of the forum that in only one year as a member I've already met at least two of those folks in the pic in person.

JF

Good friend of mine and ex-coworker has a wife who happens to have a best bud named Monique.He told me of this website where they make a living on sleeping bags and bug shirts-so I checked out the website and found this button link that said " message board ". TJ if you read this-I was at their wedding too but dont remember meeting you guys. THAT was a long time ago-at least 15 yrs

I hear ya Darren, 15 years IS a long time. And that reminds me, I should change my socks.

I can't begin to name 'em all, but it says something about the nature of the forum that in only one year as a member I've already met at least two of those folks in the pic in person.

JF

John, you're one of those folks on this board that I'd like to meet.

i came along the site while trying to get information and the one up on the rest of my fishing buddies that go with me on our annual trip. i soon realized that this place not only had a great wealth of knowledge, but was so down to earth and has so many people from so many walks of life. it truly is like an extended family.

jason

In all honesty, I'm an NFN refugee, like numerous others here. Was first interested in OFC because, I was told, it was the best site for ice fishing info. Joined this site because I like the volumes of fish talk as opposed to Bull and the screams of vegetarian fishermen :lol:

Wow ... what a great question Roy ... I cant even remember when it all started for me (but as you pointed out every post is still up there for the all world to see - something we need to keep in mind when things get silly)... I have been involved in Internet type activity since before it was called the internet (used to search for all kinds of info at University libraries using their 'dialup computer network connections' back in the late '70's and early '80s) ... surfing in those days meant getting a new phone number of a computer you could dial into (and a userid and password) ... I most likely was looking for info about some lake or other (as I still often do) and ended up here ... I think I used to go onto an informational site at the U of Toronto which had info about some of the eastern tribs I frequent and there may have been a link from there to here ... anyhow ... now its just a regular part of my day ... sit down and check 'the' board :)

John, you're one of those folks on this board that I'd like to meet.

Be careful what you wish for. :whistling:

Hopefully I'll get my act together enuf to make it to Lakair next spring. I wanted to go to the fall gtg but work commitments messed that up.

JF

well the old site was being shut down and I was asked to beta test this new site

I did and I think I was the first non-mod to register or close to it

but I was on the first OFC too, I found it because of a"fishing hook-up" link and hung around till now

It had to be winter five years ago (heck maybe it was 6 years I dont remember) but it was when I broke my ankle after rolling my 4 wheeler it was a long 4 months or so off work I was going stir crazy and just typed in ontario fishing and found this place and have been hanging around ever since.

I tell ya I have made some of my best new friends on here I actually dont even see the others that much any more as most are not into fishing it sure is wired to think how you can talk to some one for a time or two and then go out fishing with them not even knowing there real name.

Looking for Ontario Fisting and mispelled.

Then I hit this joint. I have been here for MANY years. Some will remember the Near West Anglers & Swillers. Up until about two years ago some of the "Swillers" still got together. One year the Christmas Swill was over 50 people.

WOW how time changes things, more importantly how it changes us!

Be well all, keep this OFC thing going.

long story short,heard about this board for a couple years, but honestly never even lurked on here or anything,at the time heard there was lots of Bull on this board and some comments that kept me away from even bothering to check it out. Just before I signed up on the board I decided to check it out,of course I love fishing,and all the banter that goes along with it. Was getting a little bored of looking at fishing reports from like 2-3 places on a different board,or the general lack of fishing reports unless one of them was me, or a couple fishing buddies :P .

I never came on the board to try and scoop up everyone's favourite fishing holes ect, in fact you will probably never see me even ask anyone about an area in general or for pointers on what's biting, I like to find this out on my own, or if I think I may need some extra info or pointers, I can click a mouse and read up on it myself ;)

Being a multi-species angler, I love reading all the reports that come in from all different areas, and what tactics helped people have a successful day along the way, and I like to compare then to my own findings, and also to some of the fishing journals I have kept for myself over the years,throw this all together and try and come up with some hot tactics for fishing 12 months a year.

I also really like alot of other assets on this board, in general if anyone has a question about pretty much anything for example, purchasing a boat, tackle,gear,repair jobs, ands the list could go on...there always seems to be some great input on all sides of the coin, personal prefferences, good or bad experiences,either way the person that was asking the questions is sure to get the info they are looking for.

There are some great fishing reports from all over the place as opposed to 1-2 spots, there are great examples of board members doing various things to help one another out or be a shoulder to lean on that makes this a great forum community here, and it's the big mix of people from all walks of life, ages, skill levels ect that make this board what it is.

Edited by jwl

I found this site surfing a long time ago while looking for info on a particular lake. I do much more reading than posting, mostly because a) I don't get out nearly as often as I'd like (budget, work, family etc) and I prefer to learn from others and B) I enjoy travelling virtually with all the anglers on this board .. thru this board I've been to places I'd never get a chance to enjoy in real life.... but I do intend to try some of them !

This board and the people on it are a wonderful source of entertainment and information. Thanks to all of you for sharing. Rob V

Edited by Rob V

I was on another site in November 2006 it is a fine site but I just found it was not moving.

Cousin Percher told me about this wonderful community so I lurked around for about a

week and decided to join.The rest is history .I remember asking how to post pics

it wasn't long after that I met some of our members in November like Roy ,Joey ,Tracker,skeeter,

DouG,Biteme,Pointed,Lady Walleye and Irishfield.

Not long after that I was getting out with some of our Quebec Members for some ice fishing.

I check the site regularly when I am home.Through thick and thin ,sad times and good times

this board is the most caring community that I know.

Great topic Roy :clapping:

MTP

Similar to Lew's story. Learning how to use the computer, finding out that there was fishing stuff on the internet and what 'links' were, and just surfed on in. Came back the next day, and then the next, and the next and now I'm here every day. :canadian:

Back row, L - R / Marty, AlanJ, GaryV, Muskiestudd, MikeO's kid, CoolB, Kroniks friend (never knew his name), Kronik, Moi, Tony.

Front row, L - R / Garry2rs, Candave, MikeO, MikeO's kid, Roy (beer under vest), Captain Hooked, TJ, Cory.

I could really use a musky lure to go with my new rod Roy. ;)

and if memory serves me right (usually doesn't) I found this site through the old Zooboard.