Aluminum Bass Boats

Rich

Interested in buying an aluminum bass boat next year. No not a deep V with casting decks, a real aluminum bass boat, built like a bullet and made for fishing fast. Like this one:

bt-fishingboat-132234.jpg

Anybody here have one? Recommendations on which companies to deal with?

Edited by Rich

http://www.tritonboats.com/aluminum.asp

My neighbor has one like this, he has had it for a couple years now and was purchased from another friend that bought it new a couple of years prior to that. No issue with it, no problems, a package boat that came with a 50 hp merc and will do about 32MPH with 2 people in it and gear.

I fished out of it once on a small sheltered lake (electric power only) a fairly stable casting platform( me 235lbs him 200 lbs) not a boat I would want to be on rougher water though.

http://www.crestliner.com/boats/boat_model.asp?BID=43

more of an all around boat and should handle rougher bigger water better.

Marty's brother Tony has one similar to that in your picture Rich and I hafta tell ya, it's one impressive boat but unfortunately I can't remember the make or specs on it but it was a big boat with I think a 150 Yamaha and that thing flies, probably well in excess of 50 MPH

I never had the opportunity to actually fish from it, but we fished alongside them for a day on the French a few years back and it was very windy and rough on the way back to Dokis but it never slowed them down at all.

Smaller models may be a hassle but you shouldn't have any problems with the bigger ones.

Rich, I just bought one this year very similar to that. Mine is a Tracker Tournament TX17, I just accidentally picked up off my cousins husband who had it just sitting around.

It was cheap, I payed 4Gs for it and I've seen them for all over around that price.. It might even be good to look in the states for one right now. If you can save 12-1500 for a day of driving/gas its not that bad of an idea. I don't know what your budget is, but they're about as cheap as you can get into a bass boat for.

I love it, its kinda a big boy toy, but not quite and on a much nicer budget for me at least. Its got a 50 horse Evinrude, and will do around 30-35mph with two people, our gear, and 3 batteries. Pretty nice on gas, I run around 30mph all the time (I like speed) and we can run it for two days on $15-30 worth of gas. I could stand to have a much bigger rod locker, and a second console for my girlfriend, but I think its kind of funny when she gets splashed anyway. :) And its easy to keep in mind that for the budget the other option is basically a tin boat.

As far as water goes, we've had it all over the place this summer.. Rice lake, Conestogo, and Long point bay is basically my home for fishing, and its been fine on there. I know it get kind of rough out there on the bay, but it would handle it. Because its a jon boat it does tend to belly flop onto the waves, but as long as the wind isn't bringing them back into your face its no big deal. My uncle has an aluminum princecraft bass boat, and its got a wide V hull on it, and it does the same thing in waves.

Ummm... I think thats it. Do it, you'll really like it and there's lots of great places around here to use it, just you obviously don't take it out on Goergian bay, or Eerie or something like that. You just go in a friends boat those days. :)

tracker.jpg

I don't like the look of the "modified V" hulls myself.

I like the layout of the Tracker Tournament V18.

Not many others out there that are the layout of that Tracker.

You may want to consider a Lowe Stinger. Only rated for up to a 90, I think, won't be too bad on fuel.