You won't believe this one.

Ramble

I really despise the Minister's reply "Thank you for informing me of your concerns". I really hope the Newf and Lab deliver on Danny W's goose egg and dont vote this guy in again. With Minister Hearn's behaviour towards Hebron, Navigable waterways act and now this, how the :asshat: can people support him. Truly the interests of heavy industry has taken over fisheries and oceans.

It is really unbelieveable how something so useless as gold can cause so much envoirmental damage because it is shiny.... Gold is good for only one use and that is conduction in electronics. There is already enough gold that has been mined for that to last for enternity. However people have been duped into wearing it as jewelry so that makes it "valuable". Seriously the valuable metals "should" be the ones you can make things out of that are durable and utitle. It really makes a person wonder about our priorities.

Edited by Canuck2fan

Yea I seen the Documentary too sometime in June just around the same time as Mr Dressup's( AKA Puffins) Carbon Tax announcement ,Ill tell ya the Biggest waste of money is the Liberal Biased CBC that weening you people especially when they wont even keep the National Hockey theme. Wouldn't hurt us up here if we used our taxes for better things than paying for that useless TV station.. By the way lets keep Politics out of here, there will be more of this environmental Crap during the elections no Doubt from your CBC. Of note, The CBC Special did mention that the lakes were remote and the only way in was by Bush Plane. Sorry Mr Pilot but Natural resources are important to our economy. RambleON, why bring up this now? For your information, some of these projects were started before the minority government were elected, as you know the opposition would be AWOL if debated, regrettedly my taxes apparently feeds them.

Edited by holdfast

Yeah, you have no idea how much destruction is going on in those mines. I worked at Ekati Diamond Mine in the NWT for the summer, which is why I haven't been on here at all, and I just got back 2 weeks ago. Up there they preach to you about how they are going to "restore the land to it's original beauty" and a buttload of crap like that. Meanwhile they have 4 or 5 massive holes in the ground with mountains of rock surrounding it. These tailings "ponds" are huge reservoirs where they pump the slurry that was mixed with the raw diamonds and it is a combination of water, silt and a glue like substance. I was at Ekati when they had the spill where an estimated 4.7 million liters of tailings poured over the bank of the reservoir and dumped into a lake. Our company helped in the clean up which was done with a large vac truck. It is a shame that they are allowed to do these things but people can be bought and that is what is happening. Will Ekati restore the land, I doubt it, they will probably give the Natives and the Government a bunch of money and walk away. Anyway, it's good to be back.

I bring it up, cause it NEEDS to be brought up. Some people actually care that these remote lakes as they are, and arn't pumped full of crap. As far as the politics go. I left that out. I simply said "The Fed's". It's a federal issue. There is a protocol for mine tailings and that DOESNT include daming off river systems and filling them full of filth.

-R-

Edited by Ramble On