Tracker ProV16/Princecraft Yukon DLX/Princecraft springbok 20

Lunker777

Hey everyone. Im narrowing down my selection here. I went to the dealer last night and got all the prices and different configurations. Remember.... It will be used on mostly rondeau/mitchelles bay... the odd time i will be taking it out on lake Erie, and lake St. Clair for perch and musky. So i wont be going miles out on the water ! Mostly using this boat for bass fishing and a little rest and relaxation ! hahah

heres my 3 options

1/ Tracker prov16.... http://www.trackerboats.com/boat/?boat=2844... basicly the stock unit. Is the 50 HP 2STR enough ? I think it is seeing how light the boat is...

2/ Princecraft Yukon DLX ...... http://www.princecraft.com/Content/en-US/p...kon-DLX-BT.aspx

Im looking at a 25HP EFI 4STR Mercury on this boat

3/ Princecraft Springbok 20.... http://www.princecraft.com/Content/en-US/p...ringbok-20.aspx

Im looking at a either a 20 HP 4 stroke, or a 25 HP 2 stroke for this boat ? which would be the best enigne for this boat ?

So what do ya think ? Im torn bewteen a decked out 14 1/2 footer or a decent 16 footer... I can get them all for around the same payment, but the tracker is on a 15 year term and the other 2 are on a 10 year term. I like the sounds of the 10 year term 7.9%

Any help would be great thanx !

I'm a princecraft fan, but you'll get more if you buy the Tracker prov16, the link you posted is not the prov16. The prov16 is wider and slightly higher should handle rough water a little better, the 50hp 2 stroke should be enough to do high 20s mph(27-29mph).

Also to properly compare you would compare the prov to a princecraft resorter/starfish dlx.

Edited by Bigfisherman

I'm a princecraft fan, but you'll get more if you buy the Tracker prov16, the link you posted is not the prov16. The prov16 is wider and slightly higher should handle rough water a little better, the 50hp 2 stroke should be enough to do high 20s mph(27-29mph).

Also to properly compare you would compare the prov to a princecraft resorter/starfish dlx.

Yes i understand that the boat arent comparable. But im comparing monthly payments.

Im not paying cash, if i was then i would look at the other 2 boats you mentioned... REALLY i dont think im goin to go for the V16... By what every one is telling me, AND just my feeling is that i should go for the 16 footer.

its a simple boat. and it will do the job

Had this boat for about 6 or 7 years - I's been out on Erie, Lake Ontario, Bay of Quinte and in some pretty rough water - And I would buy another in a heart beat! Mine has the 50 hp 4 stroke and with 2 guys and gear, will usually give me between 30 -32 mph. And I swear that I spend less in gas for a day of fishing then I spend warming up my 22 footer!

I don't think that you will be disappointed.

Don

:thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim:

I own a 04 pro- guide v-16 side console , love the boat, most of my fishing is lake erie, lake ontario, bay of quinte, i have had no worrys being on the water, cuts nice , hole shot is great with the 2stroke 50 hp.gets up fast wide, deep, i like the side console best because of the openess for fishing, best bang for the buck and most include the fishing package as part of the original price, unlike other boat companies were this is an extra, mind you at the time if i could have afforded sometthing else i would have maybe bought a lund or princecraft, but after doing the math, the tracker was the best bang for the buck, also do the 7 year payments works out much better, good luck with you choice! P.s if i could have done it over again i think i would have spent the extra for the 4 stroke 60 h.p, i don't believe it's all that much more,

Wayne

I too are somewhat partial to Princecraft...with the V-Hull your almost gauranteed to get out of trouble, as well sit comfortably right in it if you please...of course motor size has a lot to do with it.

You also mentioned RnR.......Princecraft all the way....B U T !!!!

Some of the water bodies you mentioned can be overwhelming if they wish.......

Go V-Hull

Go 16'

Go with the biggest/baddest motor you can afford.

Good Luck withyour choice!

tracker it has the most features standard equipment etc but if it were me i would also be looking at the alumacraft 165 i just think that the technology in there hulls is pretty sick plus its around the same price as the tracker with similar features but i have know clue what there financing is like

I know lots of folks who own Trackers and like them. I chose a Princecraft. The reverse chine hull design is as stable as they come. Hell, even GCD thinks it's a good boat and he's a console dude. Pic credit goes to Kickinfrog (Rob)

P6200569_1_.JPG

I would have to say go for the Princecraft its the only one I haven't heard bad rants about .I have heard alot of good about the other brand but there have been some bad service to honour the warranty .Lots of fighting to get service.Never heard that about Princecraft.I own a Lund my 2nd one and that is one purchase I am very satisfied with.Good Luck with the purchase.MTP

Edited by Mike the Pike

Well ive narrowed it down.... looks like im goin with a 16'basic set up and ill just out fit it with the stuff i need... its the cheapest way to be safe i would say. enough boat to handle the water and im goin with a 25 HP 2 stroke.... so i think itll have enough power !

thanks for all the help.... one more question..... does $7800 sound about right for a 16' aluminum, 25 yamaha 2 str, and a wide stance "V1600" trailer ?

Well ive narrowed it down.... looks like im goin with a 16'basic set up and ill just out fit it with the stuff i need... its the cheapest way to be safe i would say. enough boat to handle the water and im goin with a 25 HP 2 stroke.... so i think itll have enough power !

thanks for all the help.... one more question..... does $7800 sound about right for a 16' aluminum, 25 yamaha 2 str, and a wide stance "V1600" trailer ?

Sounds close, depend on the make of the boat, what particulars can you give on his 16ft boat?

Make of boat

Model

Deep or not

Floor or casting deck ?

Livewell?

Nav lights etc

Thanks

SHAne

Hey everyone. Im narrowing down my selection here. I went to the dealer last night and got all the prices and different configurations. Remember.... It will be used on mostly rondeau/mitchelles bay... the odd time i will be taking it out on lake Erie, and lake St. Clair for perch and musky. So i wont be going miles out on the water ! Mostly using this boat for bass fishing and a little rest and relaxation ! hahah

heres my 3 options

1/ Tracker prov16.... http://www.trackerboats.com/boat/?boat=2844... basicly the stock unit. Is the 50 HP 2STR enough ? I think it is seeing how light the boat is...

2/ Princecraft Yukon DLX ...... http://www.princecraft.com/Content/en-US/p...kon-DLX-BT.aspx

Im looking at a 25HP EFI 4STR Mercury on this boat

3/ Princecraft Springbok 20.... http://www.princecraft.com/Content/en-US/p...ringbok-20.aspx

Im looking at a either a 20 HP 4 stroke, or a 25 HP 2 stroke for this boat ? which would be the best enigne for this boat ?

So what do ya think ? Im torn bewteen a decked out 14 1/2 footer or a decent 16 footer... I can get them all for around the same payment, but the tracker is on a 15 year term and the other 2 are on a 10 year term. I like the sounds of the 10 year term 7.9%

Any help would be great thanx !

Wow I wonder what the interest is on a 15 year term????

The only thing you should amortize for that long is a house!

Good luck with your purchase.