Nipissing report

Hotrod2066

Went our for 3 hours after work last night to chase some smallies. The weather was pretty calm when I first headed out but it was blowing pretty good for the last hour or so with the waves coming over the bow. The wind usually gets them going and last night was no exception. The first fish was a solid 4 and really dug hard after his initial jump. I hooked another around 3 and he came unbuttoned right beside the boat and saved me taking the hook out. The next fish was a 7 pound sheepshead that smoked my lure right beside the boat, man those groaners can pull. I picked up another 3+ before I moved. I dont use trailer hooks on my spinnerbaits when fun fishing so I don't run the risk of a deep hook and killing the fish......however I lose more because of that and last night was no exception as I hooked 2 more 4's but didn't get them in. It was windy but the fish seemed to be on and I wish we had more light. I can't wait for the weekend when me and my buddy go down to Simcoe for some tanks.002.JPG001.JPG