GB Bass bonanza!!!

Guest Johnny Bass

Guest Johnny Bass

Pat called me and told me he wanted to try Georgian Bay on Wednesday. Me and Snagmasteral were supposed to go up but SMA was busy and couldn't go till next week. So I ask SMA for a few spots that he said were hot and we were on our way.

Got there and the water was nice and flat. I decided to work a Pop R near the marina. Seconds in Pat hooks a largie on a senko.

P1000051.jpg

I get a fish come right out of the water but missed my Pop R. Pat starts nailing largies, smallies, and pike on his senkos. Nothing big but some decent action. Then he lost a 5-6 lb pike right at the boat on a spinner bait.

I decide to switch to the 3/8 ounce jig and pigs I bought. I tell Pat, FINALLY I got the J&P I have confidence in. I go watch this. First cast to a dock? Fish on. But it was a pike.

P1000053.jpg

Caught another smally or two and that was it for the J&P.

I also hooked a smallie and had a 3-4 lb pike attack it. Partrick tried to net both the fish but was unsuccessful.Other than a few battle scars the smallie was ok and released.

We wasted the morning bite on that spot. Too many small fish. Our first smallies of the day.

P1000054.jpg

P1000055.jpg

I said lets go check Al's spot.

On the way there we cast around with minimal luck. Then we are driving around, there is a spot that looks good. We decide to cast. I get a decent smallie and then Pat hooks into this nice 20 incher!!!

P1000057.jpg

Continued the pattern and caught numerous smallies.Heres the average size.

P1000059.jpg

Then we were working pads and Pat nails this nice Largie!

P1000060.jpg

Then Pat smacks another nice Smallie!

P1000061.jpg

The only thing is when he landed the fish, the tip of his rod broke. Bummer.....

Then we started fishing deep water weed lines and started hooking into all kinds of decent Largemouth.

P1000064.jpg

P1000065.jpg

P1000069.jpg

P1000072.jpg

Here is a few other fish Pat caught.

P1000070.jpg

P1000073.jpg

We got stopped by the MNR. He checked us out and we started to continue fishing.

Then we decided to try Al's pattern. There were no fish around but as we were drifting away from the area, it droped off and I hooked this pig!!! Amazing battle!

P1000074.jpg

Here is another shot of it.

P1000076.jpg

And that was it. Then we decided to go back to the largie pattern. We caught a few more but that was about it.

P1000077.jpg

I decided to search for shoals. We found a weedflat instead and that is when we started hammering them again! Caught quite a few nice fish.Here are a few.

P1000078.jpg

P1000081.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Anyways, on the way there I was telling Pat, that he better not lose any more big fish. Well.....Pat didn't lose any big fish....I lost SIX in the 3-4lb range. Most spitting the hook on the jump(one looked in the 5lb range). I weas screwing around jigging my tube franctically and he hit it like a freight train. Headed for the skies and that was it.

I also hooked something that felt big.And next thing you know. I hear SNAP.Look at the line and its all frayed. I'm thinking it was a pike.

Well minutes later doesn't Pat catch a 1lb smallie with my lure in its mouth??It probably was bulldogging behind a big boulder and the line snapped.

The fish were fighting incredibly strong. Even the small ones!

At this point we had caught so many Bass that Pat wanted to troll for pickerel. We tried and all I caught was a smallie, not much bigger than the crank bait I was using.lol

On the way back to the marina we decided to fish the first spot that produced a big fish. I hook something with some serious weigh that took me into the weeds and I couldn't budge it. I had 8lb test and was using my pickerel rod all day with no back bone. I decided to drive around it with the trolling motor. If finally got free but My line was still caught up in the weeds. try to pry it and SNAP!!!heartbreaker. Couldn't bring that fish no where near the surface so didn't get a look at it!Oh well.

Made it back to the marina area, since I don't know the area too well. Cast around, caught a little largie and called it a day.

Seen a skunk for the second time in a row coming back from fishing! I hope its not a bad sign.lol

Anyways, another great fishing adventure with Patrick. Special thanks goes to Snagmasteral for pointing us in the right dirtection. We had scoped out the spot on the map and were thinking of giving it a try but AL pretty much guaranteed we would. I hope I got all the pics and I hope you guys enjoyed the report.

Edited by Johnny Bass

Guest Johnny Bass
Johnny B, awesome report man! We are glad to see you are back to form with the shirtless pics :) :) :)

Where abouts did you guys launch out of? Port Severn? Honey? Penetang?

PM sent.

Guest Johnny Bass
gorgeous report guys..u guys killed them...gotta love gbay....i have been wanting to get ou there for the past two weeks but danm school is holding me back.

Thanks guys.

Well at least we know they are still there 2 weeks later! So there is still time! Hopefully the weather co-operates and we can hit it again!

Edited by Johnny Bass

Johnny B.....Great job on the SMB's & LMB's.... You guys really pounded them :thumbsup_anim:

Loads of fun when the bite is on B)

There's some real nice chunky ones in those pics......MAN the size of the guts is unreal :w00t:

That was surely a blast catching them one after another!

Again great job and thanks for sharing

Leechman

Awsome report JohnnyB, an exciting read at that. Good job on that under the dock pike that he didnt steal your confidence JignPig. Some of those bass are hogs. right there is an amazing day on the water, thanks for sharing. I find later in summer and throughout the fall concentrating on deep weedlines produces some of the best bass fishing all year! WTG!