Lowrance lcx27 or Humminbird 917c

PERCHER

I have always owned and liked the Humminbirds but its now time for a new sonar unit.I am stuck between these two models.They are close in price but the Lowrance has more power.I know more power is better.But the reviews I have read say that the ease of use goes to the Humminbird.I cant deal with over complicated electronics.If any one has either of these two units and wouldn't mind sharing some feed back that would be great.

DaN

I have always owned and liked the Humminbirds but its now time for a new sonar unit.I am stuck between these two models.They are close in price but the Lowrance has more power.I know more power is better.But the reviews I have read say that the ease of use goes to the Humminbird.I cant deal with over complicated electronics.If any one has either of these two units and wouldn't mind sharing some feed back that would be great.

DaN

I know that most of the boys here favour Lowrance, however I bucked the trend and just bought Humminbird 927c. Come on over anytime, have a look and play around with it. I am VERY happy with it so far.

John...

I've got two LCX26C HDs' and I like them. But I can't give you a head to head comparison because I've not owned the Humminbird. From what I hear the Bird is as good as the Lowrance, it's a question of personal preference. Now this really helps, doesn't it? :rolleyes:

I have the Lowrance lxc27, its a great unit. I dont find it hard to use at all, has some great features. I like the dual card holders SD cards are much cheaper then buying the HD version of the unit. Tracks riggers well, I love the fast track view You can call the hits just before they happen.

I can't give you a comparison, but I can tell you I have changed all my electronics on my boat and even bought two auto GPS units and they are all Lowrance/Eagle. They make a very good product in my opinion and they stand behind them. I also believe it has a lot to do with getting a good dealer. If your not far from Woodstock let me know and I can get you in touch with the local dealer, that I know a lot of fellow OFC'ers will agree with me, he is one of the best to deal with.

I thought about that Brain and I was thinking about a gimble mount off to the side for either unit.The Lowrance has 8,000 watts peak power and the h-bird has 4,000.But the H-bird has a dual cone transducer and higher resolution.I think I will have to see both in action before I make up my mind.Both seem to be great units at about the same price.

Dan

I thought about that Brain and I was thinking about a gimble mount off to the side for either unit.The Lowrance has 8,000 watts peak power and the h-bird has 4,000.But the H-bird has a dual cone transducer and higher resolution.I think I will have to see both in action before I make up my mind.Both seem to be great units at about the same price.

Dan

Dan,

I have mine mounted on a Ram arm and have no problems.......

Lowrance has MUCH better customer service than HB. Just take a look at this Bass Boat Central site and see what some have had to say about HB and Lowrance.

HB Customer Service complaint thread

http://bbcboards.zeroforum.com/zerothread/300659

Lowrance Customer Service thread

http://bbcboards.zeroforum.com/zerothread/...ustomer-service

Edited to add: This customer service person Linda Colt sent me a new LMS 520c unit within a week after emailing her that my unit was having problems locking onto the bottom in shallow soft bottom. And also included a postage paid sticker to send back my old unit after I received the new one from her. ALL FOR FREE OF CHARGE.

Bob

Edited by Billy Bob