Whats in your tacklebox (not lures)?

Breach

Hmmm....yeah...our net is pretty big, don't think it'll fit in our tackle box.

Anyhow, here's a few more items....

Scale, measuring tape, hook sharpener, scissors, flashlight (if fishing at night), jaw spreaders for pike, lindy glove if you don't like blood (your blood, not the pike's).

Not all of those items are for landing them specifically, but will help make an outing more complete.

To add to the first aid kit - Some Water Proof Tape for applying gauze pads. We never use the gauze but the tape wrapped around the nicks and cuts keeps the infection out. Also if you are like me, by the end of the day your thumbs will be chewed up and sore from hooks and fish teeth (I am convinced that there is a safe way to lip a pike LOL).

(I am convinced that there is a safe way to lip a pike LOL).

If you are going to continue in your pursuit of this, I would suggest super glue be added to your first aid kit lol Small, quick, will close even deeper cuts until you are off the water and it is also waterproof .

Bug head net

Muskol

A couple of those glow sticks from the dollar store, you bend them and they glow green

Side cutters

Needle Nose Pliers

Hook sharpener

Extra pair of polarized glasses

Tooth picks (for making plastic baits float)

Finishing nails (for making weedless baits sink faster)

All of the above- but NOT in my tackle box. Several years back I started keeping all the stuff mentioned above in an inexpensive electricians tool bag. You can buy them at hardware stores, Home Depot, CTC, etc. I stuff it too the max and carry it in and out of my boat or friends- easy to pick up and take inside at end of the day as well. When it rains I stick it under my console. It has become indispensable. I keep only lures in my tackle box