Sign in to follow this  
Josh Rogers

Ice Fishing

HEy everyone how are ya today? So who all is making plans to hit some hard water this weekend? I know I am. Gonna try some small splake lakes and check if my laker lake is good to go. Will post reports on Monday when I get back to school.

Smaller lakes should be JUST ok. Be careful out there, Bud. Don't forget the camera.

Let us know how Island works for you urban, I enjoyed it there this summer (pics at http://www.flickr.com/photos/emosworld/set...7594254216284/) and noticed that they do ice fishing (they have shack rentals and will drag them out and drill holes if your really lazy too). I went ice fishing for the first time over the holidays up north and I'm itching to try it again though I know none of my friends down here will sign up for the idea of going outside in the cold - look for a 'looking for ice fishing buddy' post in the hookups section as the reports start breaking down my willpower :)

Nipissing should be good to go this weekend..No pickups yet but sleds ok in normal travel areas.. Reports on ice thickness vary according who I talk to but it has stayed real cold here for last few days....Yahoo...about time!!

I spoke with Promised Land where we're booked for this weekend and everything seems to be a go...time to sort my tackle.