How long does it take to settle down 15~20mm of rain?

Guest Fishing For Life

Guest Fishing For Life

went to check out one of the eastern trib today and hard to believe it was full blown

because of little rain we had last night ...

checked out the weather forecast ... it is calling 15~20mm rain ... what the BEEP?

I have learnt and have experienced that catching trout in murky water is nearly impossible

what about salmon?

how long will it take to water to cool down?

Different tributaries will clear at different times even if their watersheds experience the same amount of rain. Tribs with a large watershed will take longer than ones with smaller ones as it takes longer for the water to 'drain' into the flow, and thus clear up. It also depends on how fast the water is moving. There is no single answer to this question, except to head out and observe how different creeks/rivers react to rain.

while fishing dirty water is definatley tougher super dave is right fish slower water and usually closer to shore i have had some great times fishing the choclate also use lighter colours for roe bags like white and bigger size. fish have acute sniffers and can smell bait from a fair distance i still caught fish today on worms and visibility wasnt to great mind you they werent trout but if the shiners smelt it iam sure the trout could too

Think BIG in dirty water.

When the water gets 'too muddy to fish' I bring out my hand tied goliath jigs, they somewhat resemble a drowned bright pink or orange mouse in size. BRIGHT colours and BIG size, you have to remember that the fish in these river systems are big predatory fish and will not hesitate to eat other fish that are 6 inches or more in length while in the lake, so they are not scared of a 3 inch jig or a huge roe sack.

Fish the slower water at the inside turn of big pools or toss at the side of the strong current at the top of a pool and let it float down the seamline, the fish will stage right on the current break waiting for food to come to them.

I rarely go home because of 'blown' conditions, in fact I have had much more success at blown then at gin-clear.