43"inch Musky

fishindevil

Well hit the kawarthas last weekend,to try and hit a few smallies using my new shimano crucial 7ft dropshot rod !!! and well we hit probly about 12 or so,and when we decided to switch over to do a few trolls over a promising deep hole beside a weedbed,well i hit this nice musky while trolling a bouncer,with one of my homeade worm harnesses,and well the fight was on !!! i noticed early on that he was hooked pretty good,right through the top of the mouth,and was suprised he didnt break me off after doing a few 30yrd dashes,as im only using 8lb. 100% berkley flourocarbon!!! but he made it to the net,was measured,and a few pics taken,and back to the lake in a short minute,she was 43"inches !!!!...so here she is along with a few smallies that we caught !!! and man is that new crucial dropshot rod awesome !!!...oh ya and she is an entry for team #12 catch 22 ....cheers

sturgeonlakefishingreport005-1.jpg

sturgeonlakefishingreport006.jpg

sturgeonlakefishingreport003.jpg

sturgeonlakefishingreport004.jpg

Nice fish Shawn, your getting lot's of big ones this year gotta love those big surprises. I already got us a 46" for Catch 22 put up a couple weeks ago and added a 19" smallie yesterday, we got a good average but really need a catfish and carp and non great lakes trout if anyone can go for them. If you go to the bottom of the page and click on Tourney Entries all our pics are in there, been updating whenever possible.

My first musky ever was walleye fishing with a worm harness as well. I think if we made a monster worm harness with a #10 Colorado blade, size 7 hooks tipped with a big Gardner snake it could be deadly all year, lol.