Loss of a great man and Uncle

LeXXington

It is with the greatest regret that I must let you know that My uncle - Terry Hunt - the 2008 LakeAir Pike tourney winner has passed away. I can not express in words the joy he had on the trip and the smile that will be remembered forever or the picture holding the biggest pike of his life.

During that trip my uncle was complaining about slight acid reflux that continued to gain intensity during the summer. On Aug 7th they completed a check of the stomach and found stage 4 cancer that had completely blocked his stomach. He was told on Aug 14th that there was nothing to be done and the cancer had most likely spread.

He passed away this Sunday

When speaking to him he let me know that one of the greatest moments was catching that fish and the fun he had with my dad, me and Brother plus the many wonderful people he met.

Lakair2008011.jpg

Lakair2008063.jpg

Lakair2008080.jpg

Thanks again, all

A very sad story Paul my deepest condolences. I am very familiar with gastric cancer as I am a care giver for a family member who suffered from it but won the fight so far. One reason why I have not had the chance to even wet a line this year or a few past . Looking at the huge smiles on Terry says it all though and brings a tear to our eyes making us count our blessings. I hope he passed peacefully.

Rob

So very very sorry to hear that news Paul, your uncle was a nice guy and I enjoyed chatting with him at Lakair this year.

Perhaps we could re-name the pike award as the Terry Hunt trophy in honor of him.

Condolances to your entire family

Oh man...what a complete shock! I talked to him quite a bit after his tourney win...and he indeed told me that he was really having the time of his life up there....that that fish was the biggest he ever caught. He said it had been a long time since he felt the excitement he felt that day. I'm glad I was there to share in it with him.

Very sorry to hear this news....our condolences to you...I'm glad I got the chance to meet him.

Here's another picture that I found of him....shortly after the measure-in for the tourney.....

pike-1.jpg

Edited by ccmt

Sorry to hear this news Paul...

I was sitting beside your group just before the trophy presentation...I'm glad it was him that won it...

My condolences to you and yours...

Edited by Beans