Snuck Out for a Couple Hours

Rich

Took a little bit of time on my day off to fish, it sure felt good to wet a line after so much "dry time". Just hit up a whole slough of local carp spots. My first spot is completely silted in, not sure what happened there but it blows because it used to be a reliable spot for bigger ones. Now the whole just barely out of casting range and when I climbed up on the side of the ravine just for a look I didn't spot any cruisers. Usually see 4 or 5 in that spot.

Anyway, I did manage a whopper chub minnow in that spot.

Next spot was Simcoe's toilet where I first spotted a little guy feeding who was glad to suck in my offering. Quick fight and quick release, no need for a pic. THEN I spotted a BRUISER for the Lynn, we're talking between 15 and 20 pounds. It was in a group of 3 following a flock of geese up the river. I got my corn in front of her and she sucked it up. I actually had an audience of local passers-by for this fight. She ran wayyyy down river first, under a bridge where I thought for sure she'd be gone, but soon enough she came back and ran wayyyy UP river this time, no snags up there so no worries. Then she came back right across the river from me and made a turn for the worst. There is a small ditch that flows off the Lynn around a pedestrian bridge, not sure why it's there, but anyway, she ran right into that ditch and around the bend and my 6lb test just couldn't stand up to a wall of concrete as she went around the corner and out of eyesight. There was a huge "AWWWW" by my audience at that point of about 6 people, lol

After sucking it up I continued searching for sight-feeders and couldn't find any. So I headed to the magic dam where Sugarpacket and I spent many winter's days. The water was murkier here so I couldn't spot any with my polarized goggles. I tossed my corn out, stuck my rod in some chain link and had a smokeroo. My smoke was interrupted however as the rod started pumping and I landed my final carp of the day, a dinky little 2 pounder.

DSC02186.jpg

DSC02187.jpg

At this point SP was almost done work and I had to be a good little housewife and run home to do dishes and make dinner. Grandma was nice enough to take Splenda last night just so I could get a little fishing in before my next incredible stretch of work days.

Now I sit and only dream of fishing again.. amazing how when I was fishing everyday I took this carp fishing for granted. Stick me behind a cutting board for a couple weeks and suddenly this little carp trip was a memorable excursion.

Can't wait for next time!

No sweat about losing the carp at least you had a good fight. And there's plenty more fish in the.... er toilet?

Rich was that a creek chub you caught? It just hit me right now that I can't remember the last time I even seen a creek chub :o

No sweat about losing the carp at least you had a good fight. And there's plenty more fish in the.... er toilet?

Rich was that a creek chub you caught? It just hit me right now that I can't remember the last time I even seen a creek chub :o

Yeah, creek chubs are like fleas here. Though I must say I've seen the biggest ones of my life here in Simcoe. I caught a 15 incher a couple years back.. I had to do a double take to make sure it wasn't some sort of cross-bred trout. lol

Great report Rich! The one that got away huh? I guess those onlookers can vouch for you on that one....LOL. Had to have been pretty exciting though...especially with an audience.

Looked like a great outing...great to see you getting out and fishing when you can.