More Ice Storm Pics (nf)

bigfish1965

We got creamed pretty bad...not Quebec of a few eyars ago bad..but bad enough. The only thing saving us is there is no wind. A few weeks back Hydro came through our area and pruned back all the trees...very good timing!

Anyway..we got power back so I don't have to use the laptop anymore. Here's a few pictures..

ice1.jpg This is my backyard. I got a few hundred trees, so things may be messy!

ice2.jpg Here's a close up of one of my huge poplar trees. Glad they are very flexible!

ice3.jpg The neighbours maple trees are in some serious trouble I'm afraid.

ice4.jpg Yes the trees all had buds on them from the very mild winter. A few buds were actually starting to shed their shells.

We'll see what happens overnight. More snow is expected...if that happens we are totally screwed.

Same here rick...There are a few hundred tree's around my erea too...I have tall pines and populars all the way up one side of my house. I have a huge blue spruce on my front lawn and the poor thing is just laden down with weight right now...I love this tree....lol We had a light dustin of snow a little earlier i hear we are in for some more through the night. I just hope i don't wake up in the morning with a tree in my bedroom. :unsure:

Rick nice to hear the damage will be minimal.Today we got 18cm of snow in Montreal.Your pics remind of the ice storm here in 1998 .during the icestorm I had no power for 9 days luckily we have a wood stove so we just roughed it for 9 days.We actually boiled hot water to have a bath just like the old days.I had my in laws stay with us and another family it turned out to be one big party we were drinking and eating a great feast every night.We had alot of food that defrosted from our freezers so we just had a big feast and cooked it all on the woodstove.I had $7300.00 damage to my home my pool colapsed I lost all my eavesdrops and some heavy damage to my carport.

The best gift from all of this is I have an 8 year old son today from those 9 days.He is my fishing partner for years to come.

Thanks for the pics it brings back memories.

Mike :angel:

We had some 80' Pine trees taken down last Nov.They were alongside the drive,and too near the house. In Winter thay would get top heavy, and sway like crazy in a wind. Wifey got too squirly about them, so down they came.Three were hollow due to woodpeckers and sqirrels,so I guess they would come down soon anyway