Fishing the Kawarthas yesterday

cpguy29

Hooked up yesterday with OFC member (gone fishing) Scott. Hit the lake at sunrise. Fish were active and slamming senkos and spinner baits. Here is Scott with a decent largie. He caught this one with those garlic scented senkos, man those things stink.

100_0094.jpg

Throwing a spinner bait I nailed a nice size pickeral. Went to reach for the camera and she squirmed out of my hand, boucned off the boat and into the water. :wallbash:

Morning bite was hot but slowed down as the day went on, however we were still catching fish. Surprisingly , small spinner baits were working good in the bright sun. We would burn them by thicker weed egdes and the bass would come out and slam em. Sometimes they would miss it, but throwing back a senko , sometimes we were able to nail em.

100_0095.jpg

100_0096.jpg

We ended up catching alot of smaller bass in the 1 to 2lbs range. Overall it was a great day.

Scott had to get to work so I dropped him off at the marina. I went back out to catch a few more fish. Tried working some lily pads...nothing. Hit a spot with some grass and nailed another bass. Then off to a spot with some wood along the shore. Had a bass boil up on my spinner bait but missed it. Threw in my senko...tick, tick...set the hook and missed it again. Threw back the senko again, this time twitching it hard and the fish explodes on it....

100_0098.jpg

Edited by cpguy29

Guest Johnny Bass

Great Report. Thats the 3 pickerel you fumbled into the water.LOL And I agree. You should try some top water one of these days. Thanks for sharing and good to see you getting out with board members!