We've lost one of the nicest people on the board

Roy

I am stunned!!

I just read Gary's last post the other day. I know its already been posted, but his personal statement is something we should all take to heart every day.

If life was simply a bowl of cherries we would probably start looking for the pits, enjoy life, treasure the good times, keep the good memories with you, and whenever possible live your life to the fullest.

I never had the pleasure of meeting him personally (my loss), but it is like I knew him. Its not often that you shed tears for someone you've never personally met. Thank you OFC for some of the wonderful people we would not otherwise meet.

Rest in peace my friend.

My condolences to Garys family and friends.

*edit*

I must add that this comment on his web site is something I think we all share.

Reflection:

Water can reflect it's own tranquility and the beauty of nature. While fishing one can reflect on both

Edited by GBW

I never got to meet Gary personally, but he was one of the first to give encoursgement during my recent Prostate problem.

A very generous man in more ways than one, as many Members can attest

RIP Gary, and my heartfelt condolences to his family.

Wow! I am shocked! Just like many of us here I didn't realize Gary's time was about up.

Although I never had the honour of shaking Gary's hand I had the great fortune of receiving and sending several PM's with him over the years. I feel a friend has been lost and I shed a tear for him this morning.

May you rest peacefully and catch many, many fish in your everlasting fishing adventure you have just begun.

I am shocked! I had been Pming Gary occasionally to find out how he was doing. I to, was under the impression that he licked the illness he had earlier this year and I stopped PMing... now, this news.

I had only joined up to this board for about 6 months, when I posted that I was going to be in the Grand Bend area for a week and if any OFNer lived in the area and wanted someone to fish with, I'd be happy to join them. Well, Gary contacted me quickly. He lived in Lampton Shores, a short drive from where we were staying. We met up, I was introduced to his wife and his Amy, and off we went to chase some smallies.

Now, here's a testament to the quality of man he was... the lake was angry that day. 3-4 footers rolling into the area that Gary fishes. I know for a fact that he would have turned around and gone home to his family if it weren't for me being there, but he said, what the heck Joe, this is the only open day I have to get out, so let's give it a try. We tried for a few hours, nothin doing, but the time I spent with Gary is time I will always remember.

Gary had run his own businesses and had his feet firmly planted on the ground. He was the kind of person who you could ask for advice and know for a fact that the advice coming back would be sound. His love for his family was evident in every conversation. He shared his knowledge of props to anyone who asked.

Man, I am still in shock... we've lost a good one.

My sincere condolences to his family and friends. We will miss him.

HH