We've lost one of the nicest people on the board

Roy

My deepest condolence to Gary's family and friends. If you visit Gary's profile you can read his personal statement

"If life was simply a bowl of cherries we would probably start looking for the pits, enjoy life, treasure the good times, keep the good memories with you, and whenever possible live your life to the fullest."

What a shock.... He has offered me advice on more then one occasion.. an probably the most sound advice I received... He will be missed by many here from along time to come..

Lord, please watch over our friend, Let his fish all be trophies and plentiful..

My condolences to Gary's family

G

Ahhh jeez, that's lousy news.

We just got in from celebrating my wifes birthday and I checked my email and found the message from David and was just about to post it here.

Gary was without doubt one of the nicest people we've ever had on OFC and I've considered him a good friend for a very long time. We've exchanged many PM's and emails over the years and have talked on the phone many times with alot of our discussions being about his beloved dog Amy and my dog Marvin.

His specialty around here was outboard motor propellers and he's helped out many many OFC members with their propeller problems.

Gary will be sadly missed by those of us that knew him well and to those of you who never had the pleasure of knowing him, you missed out on a wonderful person.

Rest in peace my friend and my very deepest condolances to your loved ones.

Roy,

I just read your post and perhaps the next 2 but Im not going to go through the next few pages for a moment,

I dont post much but ...............

THIS FREAKING SUCKS.................

Gary was a friend to not only me but my family and we are going to miss him.

Indeed this is sad news and I thank you for the umpleasant chore of bringing this to our attention.

To Gary's son............if you read this...

Our heart felt sincere sympathy goes out to you at this time and your family.

My last time with Gary was at Lakair, (west arm of Lake Nippissing, Ontario), in /06

.......... and he graced our campfire every night we were there and you couldnt find better company anywhere,

This is a sad day in our home...........

..........we will rejoice in his memory ............NO PROBLEMS AT ALL!

Thanks Roy.......thanks.

From our family to Gary's.

Lord, make me an instrument of thy peace! That where there is hatred, I may bring love. That where there is wrong, I may bring the spirit of forgiveness. That where there is discord, I may bring harmony. That where there is error, I may bring truth. That where there is doubt, I may bring faith. That where there is despair, I may bring hope. That where there are shadows, I may bring light. That where there is sadness, I may bring joy. Lord, grant that I may seek rather to comfort, than to be comforted. To understand, than to be understood. To love, than to be loved. For it is by self-forgetting that one finds. It is by forgiving that one is forgiven. It is by dying that one awakens to Eternal Life.

Splashhopper and Botbot

My sincerest sympathies go out to his family. He was one of the first OFNer's I ever met way back at the first Lakair G2G but I've known him much longer than that through the board. He's was here almost since the beginning and he was one of the nicest and classiest guys around.

I will miss him.