We've lost one of the nicest people on the board

Roy

It's with the greatest sorrow that I must announce the passing of Gary Vacek this morning.

This email was sent to several members a few minutes ago.

First of all my name is David Vacek, Gary's son. I am writing this e-mail for my mother and the rest of the family to inform all family and friends of my Dad's that he passed away this morning. Arrangements are being made for a memorial service in Forest, Ontario and will be published in Saturday's Sarnia Observer and next weeks Forest Standard. An online tribute will be posted shortly at http://www.dodgefuneralhome.com/runtime.ph...vigatorId=29209

OMG, thats terrible news, Gary was a very long time member of this board, back to the very beginning. I spoke with him on the phone frequently during the early days of the board, and he helped to calm me down when there was "trouble". He was a wise, kind and generous gentleman and I will miss him.

garyv.jpg

Just got in from being on the lake and read my e-mail...Dang :(

Maribeth and I send our condolences to Gary's family...

I only met Gary in person once up at Lakair three years ago and spent a pleasant afternoon with him and Amy out in his boat...it turns out we had a lot in common besides our love of fishing...I'll miss our exchange of e-mails...

This is terrible news!!! Gary just posted yesterday...hard to believe. I knew he has had some health problems, but it sounded like he was on the mend.

He will be missed greatly....our condolences go out to his family, and all who knew him.

Cliff and Carole.