****** Hwy 400 Closed ******

lew

A tanker truck carrying liquid oxygen rolled over on HWY 400 around Steeles awhile ago and the hwy is closed completely in BOTH directions till at least after the rush hour.

Just a heads-up for any OFNers who plan on using the road in the next few hours, specially those trying to get outta Toronto tonight..

Sorry to spoil your day folks :(

Wow, I heard on the noon news that a truck had jack-knifed and had the 400 NB closed, wonder if it's the same one or a second bone head as they still had the SB open at that time. I was surprised to hear it was closed both ways and can't believe it will take them that long to clear it.

Rush hour tonight is going to be a night mare...

Be carefull out there folks...

Maureen

Well clearly the noon news did not give all the info, all they said was a jackknife, nothing about a roll over....shouldn't be surprised I guess.

I feel for those trying to get in or out of the city tonight...hope my brother stayed home.

Maureen

That baby would 'blow up real good' like my old friend John Candy would have said if someone lit a match.

One of my colleagues lives in Barrie, I gave him a heads up call, I wonder how he made it home. (mind you, the guy knows every sideroad in Southern Ontario)