Great 2 days on the bog

cpguy29

Hit the Bog Sunday evening for a little fishing. Figured it would be slow due to the bright sunny sky and no clouds. Turns out I was wrong, first cast and the fish were exploding. Mangaged to boat about 20 largies in 2.5 hours. Figured they would be just as active the next day so I got to the lake at sunrise. Sure enough the fishing was on fire. Easily caught over 50 largemouth for the day. Biggest fish of the day (and summer) was a 5.5 lbs largie. Had a coulpe of 3's but most of the fish were in th 1-2 lbs range. Now I gotta nurse my bass thumbs.

Edited by cpguy29

Guest Johnny Bass

Nice!Heat wave + shallow water + lots of slop = Great Largie fishing. Did you try top waters on the evening bite?

Edited by Johnny Bass

Nice!Heat wave + shallow water + lots of slop = Great Largie fishing. Did you try top waters on the evening bite?

Yep thats the secret recipe I've been waiting for all summer. No topwaters, gonna try that tommorow. Fish were comming right outta the weeds and smacking the baits. Love seeing that bass wake. The wake from the 5 lber was huge. Reminded me of JAWS ,LOL

Edited by cpguy29