Lake Temagami..saturday Report

drifter

Well three of us headed up north saturday @ 3 am. After hearing about the ice not safe on Nippising we decided to head further north. Got a phone call from the wife around 5:30 to see if we were ok and ask if one of my friends ( newbie) had forgotten his snowpants LOL.

We arrived at the end of the Lake Temagami access road at 7:30am. First light WOOHOO!!! Unloaded our gear and we were off. Saw a snowmoblier coming off the ice as we were walking out. ( Good sign).

We walked out for 5 minutes and drilled a hole. 5" of ice. Tried here for a bit and didn't mark anything. We continued to move around and found 4-5" in most areas and a few spots were soft. Aound 10 oclock I drilled a hole and my Friend (newbie) was watching how the flasher worked as I was explaining to him how it worked I marked a fish and as I was working my spoon the fish continued to watch it until he decide to hit it. FISH ON!!! As I battled him for a few minutes I pulled out a walleye!! Took a quick measurement and picture 23" and chunky...in the slot size DOH!! back in she goes. Drop the spoon right back down and jig it for a couple minutes and mark a fish from the bottom and it came right up a foot fast and furious. FISH ON. I hand over the rod to my friend and he battles it for a minute and FISH OFF!!!

So we stayed here for a bit and after another hour my other friend gets one on he losses it at the hole. A nice 15-17" walleye. We hit another dry spell for a bit and then my friend has one on. HE brings it up a nice 2-3 lb laker quick pic and back she goes. We continued to mark fish but that was it for us . There was another group of guys come out and we invited them over. They landed 2 small lakers too.

Well it was good to finally get out on the ice. Just what the doctor ordered. Sorry, I had a bunch of pictures but, as we were driving home I got tired and switched drivers and as I got out of the seat I think I dropped my camera. So if anyone finds a camera along Hwy 11 it may be mine.

If anybody decides to go out make sure your careful. Let the drillin begin.

Thanks for reading.

Irisfield: Yeah I did have a good look under the seat mounts. Nada. I am cleaning out my gear later today. Hopefully it turns up. To tell you the honest truth I don't care about the camera I just want the pictures. Oh well At least I got the memories. They last a lifetime.!!!

You are lucky Irishfield. That was our first time there. it is absolutely beatiful up there.

Smokey: I'm surprised too. It was cold in the morning that day. I feel for my friend. It was -27 that morning. I gave him my over alls and that helped him. He was a trooper and didn't even complain all day. It was beatuiful all day once the sun came out.

I'd imagine Temagami Shores has some rooms available, with the trails not open yet for sledders. Also Loon Lodge right where you were fishing.

Aaron....send me a PM. I'll be up there in March as well, with a gang...that doesn't sound good but heck these guys together will look like one!