Boat Show

spoonman

Was down at the boat this morning first thing. It was quite a display. For fishing boat they had lots of great boats. I personals had a good look at pursuits, grady whites, Lunds, boston Whaler and the princecrafts.

Had a good time but the spring fishing show is my favorite.

Cheers

I planned on going tomorrow but may wait a day or 2 until they get the roads cleaned up after the incoming snowfall tonight and tomorrow.

Traffics crazy enough around here without throwing 6" of snow into the mix too :lol::lol:

yes i cant wait im going next weekend for sure i love the boatshow,and hey maybe on the last day you might even get a better bargain,if you need something,they would much rather sell it than taking it back to the marina,or store....i just bought a new boat in the fall but ther is always little things that catch your eye..cheers guys and carefull drivin to work tommorow :thumbsup_anim:

I was told that everything major in the Lund booth is a pre-ordered/purchased rig...so you won't get any deals there...unless one of the dealers happens to have a boat in their own booth. Lund is smart...why use their own money to advertise!

Edited by irishfield

i went saturday and plan on going back prob. tuesday, i was told they traffic is alot slower on wk-days and i just couldnt see it all in one 6hr visit, plus the exhibition shows at different times and such really need more time. great visit tho and irish ill put the first scatch in it for ya! jokes................cant respond anytime soon laptop broke using friends ,ciao

The boat show is expensive to the people that have displays. They have to move a lot of stuff or create some future business in order for it to become profitable. The costs are tremendous. If a dealer for example from Sudbury has 10 boats at the show. The cost of paying someone to haul it there and back, plus the fuel,accomodations, the rental for the show, meals....well you get the picture. So the best deal may or may not be had there. Just my point of view. :blink:

This years show is great lots to see and do and lots of boats really got me in the spirit of boating BUT i have a complaint about the all the aluminum fishing boats displayed there. Every manufaturer seemed to dsiplay there cadillac of fishing boats. Very few had on display there basic models and very few tiller models and when i asked about them they said they decided not to bring them but can be viewed at the dealer showroom. I came to the boat show to see all the models cause i cant go and visit all dealer showrooms. So the boats that i wanted to look at i wasnt able to which makes my buying experience frustrating. maybe the sportsmen show will have better displays.

This years show is great lots to see and do and lots of boats really got me in the spirit of boating BUT i have a complaint about the all the aluminum fishing boats displayed there. Every manufaturer seemed to dsiplay there cadillac of fishing boats. Very few had on display there basic models and very few tiller models and when i asked about them they said they decided not to bring them but can be viewed at the dealer showroom. I came to the boat show to see all the models cause i cant go and visit all dealer showrooms. So the boats that i wanted to look at i wasnt able to which makes my buying experience frustrating. maybe the sportsmen show will have better displays.

Who wants a nasty ol' tiller anyway??? What you NEED is a nice CONSOLE!!! Side or center, it doesn't matter.

hey Irish ..... I think its right out in front so everyone can get in and check it out... :w00t::lol::lol:

OH MAN!!! I think some kid just hurled in it too!!!

Either of you notice if any of the three Lund booths had a Cobalt Blue 2150 Baron GS with 275 Verado on it...in it?

I think that's the one the guy's kid peed in. :w00t:

Yeah, I'm joking Wayne. I wouldn't tell you if someone's kid peed in it. :w00t:

Yeah, I'm joking again. I'd be the first to tell you. :D

Don't know if I'd mention the cigarette ashes and coffee stains though. :w00t:

Ha ha ha. This is fun. I could go on and on, but the irish dude is gonna have fits worrying

about his boat.

Do I still get a ride Wayne ? :angel:

I'm not worried at all Remo! It's not supposed to be there. I'm just curious if Lund was stupid enough to take it anyhow... since they really wanted a Baron at the show.

[chain yanking]

You can put on a brave face and it's probably safe and sound in some other boat show in Wisconnsin and they're using the casting deck as a diaper changing station.

"No sir, we promise it won't be in the TORONTO boat show"

-Brian

[/chain yanking]

anyone know a CustomWeld or Harborcraft owner? these boats are heavy duty aluminum hauls and have a extremely tough look to them, thinking about it but i would like to hear a testimonial on them,.

I don't have any 1st hand knowledge of the Harborcraft, but have heard alot of good things said about them. Sposed to be a top notch boat from what I understand.

anyone know a CustomWeld or Harborcraft owner? these boats are heavy duty aluminum hauls and have a extremely tough look to them, thinking about it but i would like to hear a testimonial on them,.

iam with you! I cant stop looking at the customweld boat book , thinking alaska top with outboard