Psssstt... Wanna See A Big Moose?? (nf)

danc

Holy crap that thing is humongous I would have had kitten right they're & then OMG!...LOL

A few yrs back my uncle who used to be a scout leader took a couple of teen boy's includeing one of my boy's up on a canoeing and camping trip up in Argonquin park. They were up there for a week, Anyway when i saw the pictures my son and another lad chris were in the water in the canoe and were really close to this moose. My uncle took pictures......Actually they are great pictures but had i of been there i would have freaked on his *(*& :D

Will have too see if i can get a copy of them.

Beauty bull moose.

Not usually an agressive, quite shy of people, but would

you try and get close to a moose like that who doesn't seem to have any fear

and is walking towards you rather than away from you ? :o

Judging from the velvet on the rack and how green the landscape is, I'd say these photos were taken in the spring/early summer. Not mating season. But he certainly doesn't seem shy. What an incredible animal.

its huge! how much could she weigh?

I dunno but i would have to say pretty dern close to a TON if you ask me....Just the antlers alone on that beast musT have some weight to them....As for how close would i get to that animal for a pic...Not that blooming close that i do know..... :D

Years back just a last light we had a bull come up out of the culvert on 560 going from Gowganda to Elk Lake. At the time I had a GMC 3/4 full size diesel van. The lower portion of his head was about at eye level through my windshield and the rack towered above the van. Largest bull I have ever seen to this day. Oh yeah he just walked slowly across the road as if to say you hit me were all going to be done!

Moose are not the most predictable animals especially in rutting season OR when black flies at thick in the bush.