New Tires

Garyv

I need to put a new set of Light truck tires on my vehicle. Spent about an hour getting different prices on a new set of Michelin's, BF Goodrich and Uniroyal ( both of the latter are now owned by Michelin ). All I can say is prices have sure gone up in a few years. Every dealer mentioned that as current stock becomes depleted, the new replacements will be more money ( just like everything else ) so if you need tires before fall/winter just a heads up on buying them sooner than later. For what it's worth I wound up with Michelins like I always do...love those 10 ply tires.

I love the Michelins too!!! :thumbsup_anim: You get much better traction with them in the red clay mud down here.

Driving around on worn tires really is a safety hazard. Just put new ones on Ol' Yellers vehicle back in May and my trucks are good for a couple three more years... but thanks for the heads up Gary!

Since I am a old dog when it comes to driving I have had many different tires. Michelins are over rated and of course over priced IMHO.

I purchased these tires Bridgestone REVO's last fall for TUNDRA and they are just as quite as the highway tires that came with the truck but have GREAT traction in the snow and MUD while deer hunting. I got 265/70TR18 at Sam's Club for only $164.00 each. A gentlemen from Alaska recommended them for me.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/BigPic.jsp?s...eler+A%2FT+Revo

Hercules. I have used thees tires on a couple of trucks now.

I'm running the 245, 10 ply.

115 installed.

I have found the big name companies build crap for the price.

Wouldn't run badyears or fire blowouts if you gave them to me!

Hercules. I have used thees tires on a couple of trucks now.

I'm running the 245, 10 ply.

115 installed.

I have found the big name companies build crap for the price.

Wouldn't run badyears or fire blowouts if you gave them to me!

I in the tire industry and have used hercules products and I am sorry to say they are never going to go on any of my vehicles again, there fairly cheap but pretty much bad for treadwear, traction and noise, but to each there own.

I always put decent tires on my cars usually bridgestone, bfg or goodyear, but michelin pilot sports were pretty awesome on my sporty car

Speaking of tires, my neighbour just asked me if I knew someone who wanted to buy a set of Winter BMW rims and wheels which he used for 2 seasons - says the tires/rims still look new.

He gave up his lease on his BMW and now has the tires and rims he paid $2000 for sitting in his garage.

Anyone? Before he lists on Kijiji. You'd have to pick them up in Woodbridge area though. He wants $500 for them.

Go across the border, take you wife or spouse shopping for a day or two. buy tires there, it is very inexpensive to buy tire sin the US. their economy is also so low.

You can call ahead of time in the specific area, and shop for prices and even haggle.

Joshua

I am dreading buying new tires this fall. I just hope my tire guy remembers me so I get a good discount. The Michelins I have been using have 121,000Km on them and probably won't do the winter LOL. By the mileage you can tell I haven't visited him in 3 yrs.

For my kids safety and other kids. BUY WINTER TIRES this winter