• Similar Topics

• Howdy Y'all

Hey Gang!   It's been a while since I've posted anything here. Been lurking but not really posting much being that I mostly fish the surf and salt now. Been down here on Long Island for almost 5 years already. Learning, re-learning the ins and outs of working the extremly harsh conditions down here. Got me a fleet of kayaks and a couple of boston whalers to get out on the water but putting on the wet suit and hopping boulders and getting pummeled off rocks in the surf has taken over most of my

in General Discussion

• Howdy (forum noob)

Hey all. I am new to the forum. This looks like a great place to hang out when not fishing. I see lots of experienced anglers posting very helpful technical and fishing report information. I hope to contribute in some way and be involved in this great community - with occassional fishing reports at the least.   I have been fishing since old enough to cast a line > 30 years ago. Born and raised in NB and spent lots of time river and stream fishing for speckled trout. When I moved to Ontari

in General Discussion

• Future Fisherpeople

Reading the first part of Matt's Fishing Pressure thread, talking about dwindling numbers of fishermen, had me wondering how many guys and gals out there have kids/teenagers that are interested in the sport? More importantly if given the choice would your kids put down the video games for fishing?

in General Discussion

• Howdy

Hi all, new member here, just thought I'd say hi and look forward to sharing and reading information with you all. I live in the Ottawa area and fish mainly bass around Ottawa and on the Quebec side. We have our camp on a small Quebec lake loaded with huge SMB so I will be posting lots of pics and reports during bass season. My fishing buddy is my son who's 7 and he also handles the camera since he doesn't like to hold the fish just yet. Also fish for Walleye, pike and the occasional Musky trip

in General Discussion

• Howdy

Just dropped in.   I was bored surfing the net and stumbled on some ads on boats...now I have an itch to switch the motor on my boat to a newer one. How would I go abouts in doing that? I'm looking to buy from a marina or privately. If at a marina.. I'm hoping I can trade in on my current outboard... If a private ad.. I'm somewhat lost on what my options are? Take off my current outboard and chuck it in the garage? Then try to sell it privately? or call up some marinas if they buy old ou

in General Discussion